Summer Rain

"Wow, its hot in here," says Yamato as he opens a window.
     "I can't believe it's almost summer break already," I say as I pull the futon out of the washer.
     "Let me help you with that," says Yamato taking the futon and securing it to the clothes line on the balcony.
     "I'm able to clean now. I'm really doing a lot better than I was a couple of months ago," I say.
     "Has it been a couple of months. It feels like a couple of years," says Yamato.
     I sigh, "I know staying in helping me the entire rainy season must have been taxing. I've felt like such a burden."
     Yamato flicked my forehead. "Hey, look at me. It's been nice having you here. I've enjoyed having someone to talk to and cook for besides just me. I meant it's felt like a couple of years because having you is so natural that it feels like you've always been here."
     I smiled, "I like being here with you too, and your food is pretty good."
     "Only pretty good? You go back for seconds every meal. I'm going to have to start calling you piggy instead of pouty."
     "Hey!" I said puffing out my cheeks.
     Yamato grabbed my cheeks and pinched. "Keep eating pouty. If you loose weight I'll have nothing to grab."
     "You're such a bully," I tease.
     "Because you're my toy," said Yamato playfully. "We should go somewhere through I think. You're doing a lot better with your cast off. I think it would do us both some good to get away for a while."
     "What did you have in mind?" I say sounding a little more excited than I meant to.
     "Let's go to the beach. I've still got unused airline miles. How about a trip to Okinawa?"
     "Yay!" I screamed jumping up and down.
     "Pft! Hahaha! Yuri, you're so easy to read. It's one of the things I love about you."
     I felt my cheeks get red. Yamato looked away with his cheeks a little red too. "So when do we leave?" I said hoping to change the subject.
     "I'll book for the day after tomorrow. That'll give us time to pack and do any last minute shopping."
     "Okay," I said smiling.
     The next day I went out to buy a swimsuit and few vacation odds and ends. I really like this suit. It's so cute and pink. Maybe I'll get some flip flops too. "Yuri, so good to see you out and about," I heard a familiar voice say.
     "Miyu, so good to see you too," I said turning around. I really thought I'd like Miyu the day we met, but something about her rubs me the wrong way.
     "You look so much better. Does that mean you'll be returning to school this upcoming semester?"
      I shake my head. "I'm walking much better, but I still can't use my hand very well."
     "Oh, you do teach art. That's rough. Do you think you'll be able to work in any other art job? Or will you just be a house wife?"
     "Excuse me," I say bowing politely, "but I have to get going. Yamato and I are planning for a trip."
     "Oh that's great. I hope you two have fun during this brief time you have together," said Miyu with a sly smile that sent a chill down my spine before turning to walk away. What the hell does she mean by that? I grab and pay for my things and run out of the store. I need to see Yamato now. He has a way of making me feel like I'm in the sun during the rain. I run faster as the rain starts pouring harder and harder.