Okinawa Days

The next morning I woke up next to Yamato's sleeping face. Last night was such a blur. I'm not sorry for what we did, but was it a mistake. I slid out of bed and put on a robe. I quietly step out on to the balcony. I don't know what's going to happen with Yamato and me, but this is a perfect moment. When my hand gets better I hope to paint it.
     I'm not sure how long I sat out on the balcony starring at the ocean. After what seemed like forever Yamato stepped out holding two cups of coffee. "Thanks," I said as he handed me the coffee. Somehow he seems even more handsome than usual in his morning robe. Between seeing him this morning and what happened last night I can hardly look at him.
     "So last night was.." said Yamato.
     "Yeah," it was. I say cutting him off.
     "So Yuri listen. I'm going to do something I'm not normally good at, and that's be direct." I look up at him and see his eyes peering into mine. "I like you. I like you a lot. I maybe even love you. I want to see where this goes. I don't want this to be just a one time thing."
     "I like you too." I say looking at him. His eyes seem to pierce into my soul. "I don't know my feelings entirely. I've never been in love before, and I'm not sure if I know what love is. I do know that I like you. I know that I don't want to leave the apartment because I don't want our time together to end. I do know I want to be your girlfriend. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to be a wife yet, not for real anyway."
     "Does it bother you to keep lying to the school?"
     I nodded. "I wish it didn't."
     "I'll make a deal with you. I need to stay at the school until February when the school year ends. It's not just for the kids, but also for some personal reasons."
     "I can understand that. Let's just see where this goes, and worry about the rest later." Yamato smiles and leans in for a kiss. As our lips touch my stomach loudly growls. "My stomach seems to have comedic timing," I say sighing.
     Pfft. Hahahaha!
     "Is there any food in here? I could make us something for a change," I said.
     "Nah, lets go out. We did the beach yesterday. I want to do some sight seeing today."
     "Yay! That sounds fun!"
     "Haha! You're like a little kid."
     "A kid that's going out today," I said smiling. We both quickly got dressed, and went to a cute little cafe nearby. We both had a traditional Japanese breakfast. After eating we went to a local mall to buy souvenirs for all the guys before going on a sightseeing tour.
     The rest of our time together flew by in a blur. Most of our time was spent on the beach near our room and exploring our new found physical relationship. Before I knew it we were on the plane back home. We sat next to each other holding hands with the new relationship glow about us. "When do you want to tell the guys?" I asked.
     "Let's go to Long Island and tell them tomorrow. I'd like to unpack and rest up a little first."
     "That sounds good to me." I said putting my head on his shoulder. I let the warm feeling of happiness and safety engulf me for the first time in a while. However, I wouldn't have let my guard down if I had known what was waiting for me back home.