The Bonds of New Love

After we were home a couple of more days we decided it was finally time to get out of our love bubble and tell the guys that we got together. As much as I love all the staying in and cooking and cuddling, I'm glad to get out of the house for a little while. Also, other than Kuni, I've never actually met the guys.
     I'm told that Takao is an attorney, Yuta is a comedian, Ren is a scientist, and Sakei is a screen writer. I'm impressed that Yamato's friends have such interesting jobs. I'm a little nervous to meet them since they're all so successful and have been so close since they played on a little league team together as kids. How could I have not known Kuni was their coach? It's as if Yamato and the guys were so close, yet so far away from my little world.
     "We're here. Are you ready?" says Yamato squeezing my hand and pulling me out of my trance. I nod and walk in with him. All they guys are sitting around drinking and watching baseball. "Hey guys," says Yamato. "I've got someone special I want you to meet."
     All the guys looked over and saw us holding hands. They immediately jumped up and surrounded us. "Well who's this lovely lady?" says a dark haired man in a suit. "Nice to meet you, I'm Takao."
    "Hello I'm Yuta," says a blonde curly haired man in a hoodie.
     "Well hello," says a dark haired man in a white shirt. "Yamato, did you bring a lady over for me?" He says putting his arm around me. Yamato popped him, and he immediately took his arm back.
     "Ren," says a blonde man.
     "Well, I see you two finally got together," says Kuni. "I was wondering when you two would finally admit your feelings for each other."
      "Hi, I'm Yuri," I said nervously.
       "Come on Yuri, relax. Let's watch some baseball and have a drink," says Yamato. "Can I bring you something?"
       "Thanks, I'll have Shochu on the rocks please."
      "Whoa!" says Yamato. "You drink like an old man."
      "Well you snore like one," I say.
       "You snore, and yawn like a hippo."
        "What a hippo??"
        "Well I see you two do get along quite well," says Sakei leaning in drinking wine. "I've never seen him so attentive with a woman before. I see my own chances slipping away."
        "Hey Yamato, I'm hungry. How about some food?" says Yuta interrupting Sakei. Thanks for making that less awkward.
        "Why is it always me who has to cook?" says Yamato protesting but looking relieved.
        "Because you're the best cook," says Yuta.
        "Well I can't argue with that. Come on Yuri. Let's cook together. I don't want to leave you alone with these vultures."
       "Don't be stingy, Yamato," says Sakei. "I'm more than happy to keep Yuri company."
      "That's what I'm afraid of."
        Yamato and I worked together to make shrimp Pilaf. After we ate we ate and stayed out late drinking. I was pretty tipsy walking home. Yamato steadied me by putting his arm around my waist. "Yuri I've never seen you drunk. It's pretty cute."
        "You're cute," I say. "I might have to drink you when I get home."
        Yamato's face turned blood red. "Yuri, stop or I won't be able to control myself. I am a man after all."
       "You're my man," I say as I poke his nose.
       Yamato cracked a smile. "Come on Yuri, let's get you upstairs."
        "Yay, we can get in our pajamas and have tea."
        "Pfft... Hahaha. You really are cute."
         As Yamato was helping me into the elevator I swore I saw Miyu. "Hey Yamato, I think I see someone."
        Yamato turned around looking concerned. "I don't see anyone. I think you're drunk mind is playing tricks on you."
        "Maybe you're right. I love you."
        "I should take you drinking more often. I like this no filter side of you," Yamato said flicking my forehead. "And I love you too."