chapter 16

"and here to perform sorry not sorry, we have rianna, danielle, nicolette, giuliana, jana and nicole, this is on top!" rita says introducing us.
(the choreography is the video i linked)
the camera goes onto us and shows us in our starting poses.
i have to hold my smile in since in the beginning we are supposed to be serious but it's extremely hard to contain my excitement. once nicolette starts the song, i know that this will be the best performance yet.

"baby, i'm sorry (i'm not sorry)
baby, i'm sorry (i'm not sorry)
bein' so bad got me feelin' so good
showin' you up like i knew that i would
baby, i'm sorry (i'm not sorry)
feelin' inspired 'cause the tables have turned
yeah, i'm on fire and i know that it burns" we sing, ending the song with the biggest smiles on our face even though we were told to be serious. i look into the audience for my mom and once i find her i see a couple other familiar faces. my brother, my dad, maria and maria's brother, george! those assholes, thats why they were being weird while they were texting me! i didn't even know it was possible, but my smile gets even bigger.
"give it up for on top! wow girls you were amazing! nick how about we start with you" rita says coming to stand next to nicole.
"wow girls you were on fire! fuego!" nick says as we all chuckle a little bit.
"as a whole you guys were amazing! nicolette you gained confidence at the end of the song i could tell but i noticed you were nervous starting the song, which is totally understandable. i think next time if you start out stronger, your whole performance will be better." nick says. yup, even less of a fan.
"i have to disagree with that. nicolette you amazin your voice was spot on. giulianaaaa!!!" timbaland screams as a huge smile creeps onto my face. the audience scream for me and i see out of the corner of my eye nicolette motioning for them to get louder and michael standing up, cheering.
"you are a producers dream. you got vocals, serious vocals, you got the dance moves, which were unbelievable. you've got the stage presence. can you rap, beatbox, anything?" timbaland asks me.
"well i'm no jhype or michael conor" i say pointing to them two sitting on the side as the crowd cheers,
"but you know, i'm trying" i say laughing.
"well either way, you are a producers dream, you are my dream." tim says with a small smile.
"thank you thank you so much!" i say as nic wraps her arm around me.
"and emma? what about you?" rita asks.
"incredible jobs girls! it's so upsetting one of you have to go home tonight because for the most part, you all did amazing! jana, you're voice is very pretty but i think you're dance skills are lacking. rianna, honey, i felt like you were hiding. i think your vocals might need to be a little stronger if you want to stay here."
"thank you architects, america we will be right back!" rita says as we cut to a commercial and the judges start to converse. my group forms a huge group hug.
"guys we did so good i don't know what theyre talking about" i say chuckling.
"no matter what happens i love you all" rianna says and the commercial break ends.
"welcome back to girl group! architects, who would like to reveal the first girl who is staying for another week?" rita asks.
"i will. the first girl to be moving on is... nicolette!" emma says and we all cheer for her. i could see ellie, kaylee, jay, michael and a few other boys cheering for her on the side.
"the next girl going through to the next round is... danielle!" emma says. danielle goes to the rest of us four girls standing and gives us a quick hug before standing with nicolette.
"the third girl being saved is... giuliana!" timbaland says. i smile wide but not too wide because all i could think about is how one of the three girls left is going home. i give them all a huge hug and walk over to nicolette and danielle. they engulf me in a huge hug. when we let go, we put all our focus back onto the rest of the girls.
"nick, who is the fourth girl you are saving tonight?" rita asks.
"the fourth girl we are saving tonight is... nicole!" nick says as nicole comes over to join us.
it's now between jana and rianna. in my eyes, they both were amazing. i've gotten close with all of them, so it's going to be upsetting watching either of them go.
"timbaland, please announce the final girl staying in this competition."
"the final girl staying in this competition is... jana." timbaland says. as happy as i am that janna is staying, i wish rianna wasn't going home. as soon as jana's name is announced jana wraps her arms tightly around rianna.
"congratulations to you five. architects, do you have any last words for rianna?" rita says putting her arm around rianna.
"we are so sorry rianna that we have to send you home but you have a bright future ahead of you. and you're only 14! best of luck" emma says.
the show ends, showing all of us hugging rianna. when the show is over, we take some pictures with fans who are in the crowd and some give us gifts, which is really sweet. after a couple of minutes doing that, we all go backstage with our families and the boys.
"G YOU KILLED IT!" michael says, picking me up and spinning me around.
"thank you!" i replying smiling ear to ear, wrapping my legs around his waist.
"oh and um why didn't you tell me you could dance so well?" he asks serious but in a joking manner (if that makes sense).
"was i actually that good or are you just being a supportive boyfriend?" i say actually wondering.
"i'm being serious and completely truthful! you freaking killed it! i don't know how you managed to control your voice while doing that dance" he says truthfully.
"thank you love" i say, giving him a quick kiss.
"HEY BITCH LONG TIME NO SEE" i hear a familiar voice say.
"MARIA? BUD IS THAT YOU?" i reply, jumping down and turning around.
"BUDDY!" i say, violently throwing my arms around her and squeezing her like there's no tomorrow.
"YOU DID SO GOOD" maria screams.
"also wanna ya know introduce me to ya boo?" she whispers.
"oh yeah! michael!" i say, making him turn to face us.
"this is my best friend, maria" i say to michael and they exchange a hug.
"its so nice to meet you! i've heard A LOT about you" maria says as my cheeks turn red.
"hey!" i say playfully slapping her.
"it's all good i talk about you all the time too." he says, uglily smirking at me.
"i'm gonna find my family say hi then i'm finding you so you can meet them. trust me they aren't too bad." i say. i walk through a crowd of people and find my family near the food, of course.
"aye mi familia!!" i say with an accent.
"you were amazing out there!" my mom says hugging me and kissing me on my head and i thank her.
"dancing like 12 hours a week and theater like 8 hours a week really seemed to pay off huh?" my brother says, towering over me in a hug. my whole family is tall, and then there's me. my brother is 6'3, my mom is 5'9, and my dad is 6'0. we got a dna test, and yes i'm their biological child.
"no but really you did really good. also two weeks ago, sharing what you shared, that was big. i'm proud of you baby sis" my brother says.
"aw nicky thank you" i say squeezing him, then finger-tazing him in his side. he flinches a little, but he's almost unfazed. my dad picks me up and hugs and praises my work. i then go over to say hi to maria's brother.
"georgie! hi!" i say giving him a quick hug. our families are basically family friends i guess. george and my brother are best friends, that's how maria and i met. so then our parents all became good friends and we usually hang out with our two families together weekly.
"hey jules! you did so good!" he says and i thank him.
"how long are you all staying?" i ask no one specifically.
"not too long, i think we are flying back sunday, it's a quick trip." maria says kind of disappointed.
"we should all go to the pool. george, nick, you guys are around the same age as chance, drew, devin, mikey and michael... speaking of michael" i say, running off to find him.
"you're coming with me" i say grabbing his hand and leading him to my family.
"michael this is my brother, nick, and maria's brother, george" i say, introducing them. they do that bro hug thing and talk for a little while. then, i bring michael over to my dad, since he's already met my mom. when i facetimed my brother, i told him and my dad about michael.
"dad!" i say, getting his attention.
"hi mr. rissani, its nice to meet you!" michael says sticking out his hand for him to shake. i could tell he was nervous meeting him, he called him mr. rissani!
"oh please, call me danny! i don't do handshakes, hugs are the way to go!" my dad says bringing michael into a hug as we all laugh. not gonna lie, i was slightly scared for the first meeting, but it was all good.

when we get back to the hotel, me, nicolette, kaylee, ellie, maria, nick, george, and all the boys went to chance's room because we all wanted to see brooklyn.
"guys she's shy so i'm sorry if she doesn't talk to you but don't feel bad if she doesn't" chance says, smiling.
"brooky!" i say to her and she looks over to me.
"come here!" i say sitting on the floor with open arms. she runs into them and i give her a big hug.
"do you know my name?" i ask her and she shakes her head no.
"my name is jules" i say to her.
"gools?" she asks and i smile.
"yup!" i say with a huge smile.
"chance?" i say, catching his attention.
"can i take a picture with her?"
"yeah of course!"
i need to save this moment forever, she is the cutest person ever.
"michael come over here!" i say waving him to come in the photo.
"say brooky!" i say before taking the picture. the three of us all say brooky while a snap the picture.
"do you like it?" i ask brooklyn, referring to the picture.
"yeeah!" she says in the cutest voice.
"i'm gonna make it my lockscreen." i say as i set the picture to it. since i'm on my phone, i post about tonight.

giulianarissani on top💞 so proud of the performance we put on today girls! @/riannajones i'm gonna miss you, you killed it tonight😢😘 #GirlGroupABC

i spend the rest of the night content, laying in michael's arms with all my bestfriends all around me.