chapter 22

september 15th, the day of our last performance before we find out who is going to be in the final group who will be signed to hollywood records. throughout the past couple of weeks, we heard the song that will be the final group's, "new rules" (a/n : pretend this isn't by dua lipa lol), had a photoshoot that will be for cover of the single and watched some of our bestfriends get sent home. there are now only eight of us left, kaylee, nicolette and i included. neither of us got put up for elimination either. each week it got harder and harder seeing people go home since we get closer to each other each week.
this week, it is solo week and i am singing we don't have to take our clothes off by ella erye, aka one of my all time favorite songs. the song is mature but the song had a lot of wow moments so if i do them correctly, hopefully it will help with the votes. sadly, the boys won't be here because they're in new york and i'm very jealous. i desperately want to visit my family and friends since i haven't seen them in a couple of months. my brother and maria were very sweet and very extra and sent me pictures of them standing outside the mall handing out flyers saying to vote for me yesterday. but anyway, back to new york, after we finish filming the show tonight, we are all flying there and we are going to go to the meet and greet at lucky strike! i can't wait because we are staying there until monday and on sunday we don't have anything planned so i get to go home for the day! and i also haven't seen michael and the rest of the boys in about two weeks since they all went home and i miss them. thank god for facetime. i have been facetiming michael every second of the day freaking out about today. i've been very anxious and stressed this past week about today and he's been amazing and helping me feel better about everything. speaking of the devil, i check my phone and see that i just received a text from michael.

michael : hi my love 💞 i really miss you and i can't wait to see you later :) break a leg later i know you're going to do amazing❤ i'll post later to tell people to vote for you and a little secret between us, all the guys are voting for you😊 i can't watch the show live because i have the planet hollywood event but when you get here we can watch it together i love you baby
giuliana : babe i miss you so much!! two weeks too long :(. i can't wait to give you a huge hug! i just now realized i'm going to get there super late, probably around 5 am so i'll see you in the morning i don't want to keep you up since you have the lucky strike event tm. i'll text u when i get on the plane thank you so so much for being so so supportive❤ i love you 😚💞

when i look up, i see nicolette walking into the dressing room so i scream to get her attention.
"NIC!" i scream as she looks like a deer in headlights, like what brady does.
"over here idiot" i say laughing and waving.
"oh hey g" she says smiling.
"what are you wearing?" nic asks.
"a long tan dress that i have to change into right now actually" i say as i get up out of my chair to change.
"oh... okay" nic says and i hysterically laugh as i start to undress in the middle of our conversation.

 okay" nic says and i hysterically laugh as i start to undress in the middle of our conversation

"gotta do what you gotta do. what are you wearing?" i ask.
"a short cranberry dress that i might as well change into now" she says chuckling a bit.

"nic i've been meaning to ask and i never did but what's happening with you and jay?" i ask since i finally remembered

"well you know we both like each other and we've kissed and a little more and stuff" she replies.
"oh yeah i've seen that"
"oh my god you're kidding, when?" she says as her face turns beet red.
"it's fine michael and i did when coming back from disney and was he your first?" i ask wondering since she's still only 14.
"kind of?" she says questioningly.
"what the fuck do you mean kind of?" i say laughing.
"i dont know does fourth grade count?"
"no it doesn't count you were like two then" i say,
"oh wait. sorry this took me a little while to process but that's so cute" i say thinking about them two. it makes me miss michael.
"thanks i haven't seen him since the finale though" nic says sadly.
"did you guys talk about your situation then?"
"yeah we did but we were confused as to what to do. like we both know we like eachother and we definitely aren't gonna go date anyone else but we aren't physically together so it's hard"
"aw yeah i get it. i have a spicy question" i say laughing at my word choice.
"what's your spicy question?" she asks mocking me.
"have you guys dropped the l-bomb?"
"the l-bomb? OH THE L-BOMB! yes well kind of yes. not in person like over facetime and text yes but like face to face no"
"AW" i coo.
"you're making me very red right now. i'm gonna go do my hair i'll come back before we have to go on i love you"
"i love you too" i say waving as she leaves to go back to her chair. i plug in a curling iron so i can do my hair but in the meantime, i turn on my phone and start an instagram live. after a couple of seconds, i have 500 viewers. over the course of the show, i have gained many followers and i now have 84.3k which is crazy.
"hey guys! i'm about to do my hair so ask questions!" i say to my phone.
"what are you doing to your hair?" i'm doing a french braid kind of and curling a few pieces." i say
answering someone's question.

"when are you seeing the boys? tonight

"when are you seeing the boys? tonight... well kind of tomorrow actually. after this we are flying to new york for the weekend" i say as i continue to do my hair.
"are you nervous? i always get nervous so yes"
"how long have you and michael been dating? to be honest i don't know i'll have to get back to you on that @ smilingjules i'll dm u bc i have to find that out too" i say chuckling.
"what are you singing tonight? we don't have to take our clothes off it's a bop"
"how old are you? i am 17 but i look 14"
"where's nicolette? she's getting ready. okay guys so i have to get my makeup put on so lemme find her" i say getting up while taking my phone with me.

after 20 minutes have passed, i end the live and do a quick check to make sure i'm ready. i put on my black shoes, find nicolette and kaylee and go to our seats. only 10 minutes until one of the most important moments of our lives happen.