CHAPTER 8

After so much shopping. Me and the girls were able to buy all things we needed and wanted before all the stores closed.

Since I was in a good mood, after a few hours or calming down, I thought why not be a nice big sister and buy my sister two new outfits and buy her an extra pair of shoes.

I bought KaiChen pink timberlands like she asked for and a smile cute outfit that will suit her shoes. And her other one was a new pair of high top converses, cos I remembered hers broke last year, with a kids ripped-skirt and a pink kids bodysuit with frills.  (Up top ^^)

After all the shopping we did, the girls went and had some dinner at a near by restaurant. I was Goanna go with them but I remembered I had to give KaiChen her shopping.

I pulled out my black iPhone 7 plus, to see an unread message from KaiChen, from 3 hours ago. I opened up the message and it said

"Unnie, this is Exo oppas house address.
317 XXXXX street"

I didn't reply back to her message but lock my phone and slip it back into my pocket. I plugged in my earphones and played 'How To Love by - Lil Wayne'.

TIME SKIP~
My car is parked in front of a house, as I repeatedly look at back at my phone and the house.

I thought they lived in a dorm or an a apartment, not a damn bloody house.

I exit my car and walk towards the house and press the doorbell. The doorbell rings inside, as I pray that I'm not knocking on the wrong door, embarrassing myself.

The door opens, startling me. I look up and see someone That I have long history with. Lay. He sees my discomfort in his presence as I try to speak the words I want to say.

How are you
Have you been ok these days
I miss you
Why haven't you contacted me and the other, these past few years.
Don't you know how worried me and the others are.
We want you home
We all miss you very much

The words that I want to say to him but instead, this what rolled out of my mouth.

"Is KaiChen inside?"
No, you idiot
My insides yell

He nods at my question as he eyes me up and down. In his eyes I see a tint of happiness, sadness, worry and love in his eyes. Happiness cos he hasn't seen his Baby niece since the incident that happened back in China.

Sadness cos he was never there when I needed someone's comfort and loving words. Worry cos he still thinks that I'm still angry and upset with him because of the incident. And love because he is happy to me alive and still kicking in life with no complaints.

"How are you?" His voice a bit shaky

I choke on the words and the questions I want to throw at him. But I don't know which one to say. Of course, me being me has to be a little smart ass and reply to him with something I never wanted to say to him, especially on a first encounter after how many years.

"I'm good" no reaction and no sound of happiness in my voice could be heard. Sadness flashes across his face as I stand still.

"How about you" I choke on my words as I try to keep the conversation going to stop this atmosphere from being awkward. "how have you been, these past few years?".