I'm Half Doomed and You're Semi Sweet

(Pete's POV)

Tyler wasn't as small as he looked under his clothes. I expected the kid to be all skin and bones. But he wasn't. He was fit. Not like one of those muscle heads who frequented the gym seven days a week. Not too fit, but definitely not all bones either.

I woke up that morning with my ear pressed against his chest. His heartbeat's steady rhythm pulling me gently from my slumber. But I wasn't ready to wake up fully and face the mess I'd just invited him into. Tyler was a good kid. An innocent kid. And in my drunken stupor, I decided to ruin his life for a one night stand.

Our friendship wouldn't be the same after last night. He wasn't like Ryan. Ryan didn't take sex personally at all. He was an even bigger whore than I was in college and remained that way long after. Brendon might have been his first monogamous relationship, if I'm not mistaken.

But Tyler was a virgin to the best of my knowledge. His religion prevented him from sex before marriage. Yet he'd given in so easily after a kiss. I had to wonder if he'd ever been kissed before. Or was he saving that for someone special too. I wish I was special. I wish I was good enough for Tyler. But I wasn't. I knew he'd grow to regret letting me take his virginity.

Though my eyes were closed, I could feel the younger man staring at me. I yawned before opening then. Pretending I was just waking up. I let my lids flutter for a few seconds. Then I meet his intense gaze. I didn't like that look. I didn't like any of this. What the hell was wrong with me?

"Good morning." He smiled nervously.

It broke my heart to see how unsure of himself he was. "Good morning, Ty. How did you sleep?"

He blushed and looked away. So damn innocent. And I'd fucked it up. "Fine. Good. It was really good. Thank you."

"We should talk." But the universe was against that plan. My phone began vibrating on the nightstand beside us. I reached over to pick it up. Not bothering to lift myself from the comfort of Tyler's chest. "Hello."

"Pete!" The voice sounded familiar enough.

"Briton?" I guessed.

"What? No. It's Bren- you know what? It doesn't matter. You need to go see Patrick."

"What?" The urgency in his tone was making me nervous. I sat up. "What?"

"Ryan hit him."

Immediately I saw red. "WHAT?!"

"H-He walked in on us- well-uh-"

"Get on with it!"

"He walked in on us having sex-"

I ended the phone call without thinking. I didn't want to hear another word about that. Especially not form him. I couldn't understand who I was more angry at out of the three. Definitely not Briton. He never truly liked me anyway. Now, Ryan or Patrick? Who did I want to kill more right now?

Ryan.

Definitely Ryan.

Was he fucking insane? What did he think gave him the right to lay a finger on my man? I don't care what the hell he did. I was going to kick his ass. But first I needed to make sure Patrick was okay. That Ryan didn't beat him too badly.

I dropped my phone on the bed and stood up. Ignoring the confused look Tyler was giving me.

"Pete," he sat up. Covering himself with the blanket. "Calm down. What's going on?"