I Know This Hurts, It Was Meant To

(Pete's POV)

At the moment, I couldn't think of anything better than being in bed. Balancing that sweet spot between sleep and consciousness. Where I could almost hear everything going on around me but it was hazy. Like I wasn't sure if I was dreaming the sounds.

My body felt too heavy to be moved without help. Even my eyes were weighed down with the hope that more sleep would come if they refused to open.

And then that feeling settled over me. The one where you can feel someone's gaze on you. I forced my eyelids to flutter open. The initial burn from the sunlight made me shut them immediately. That second was long enough for me to get a glimpse of the face directly in front of mine. The baby blue eyes staring at me.

"Good morning." My voice was gruff. I cleared my throat. "You fucking creep."

Patrick's giggles were the perfect cure for morning grumpiness. All the sleep began draining from my body. I knew there was no way I was going to get more dream time. Still, my eyes remained closed.

I could feel Patrick's warm breath on my face as he moved closer. His dry lips brushed against mine in a close mouthed kiss.

"I love you."

And wow. That was way better than my good morning greeting.

"I love you too." I said because it was what was expected now. Because I meant it.

He sighed. A low and satisfied sound. It washed over my face. "Say it again."

"I love you?"

"Again."

I opened my eyes and found Patrick's closed. "I love you." My lips touched his." I love you." I mumbled against his mouth. "I love you."

"One more time."

"I love you." And before he could beg me to lay there all day and repeat it until my face turned blue, "I have to get to my room and shower."

"You can shower here." His leg crossed over my middle. Trapping me.

"All of my clothes are at the hotel."

"You've worn my clothes before." Patrick lifted up on his elbow. "You want to see Tyler, don't you?"

"Yes." I admitted because I didn't want to lie to him anymore than I already was. "We didn't part on... the best terms. So I want to apologize."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay." He nodded. Removing the weight of his leg. "Go. Apologize. Come back."

"I will." I rolled out of bed. Barely catching myself when I reached the edge. Patrick watched me search for my disregarded clothing around the room. I playfully turned my back to him. Feigning shyness as I slipped on my boxers and pants.

"Your shirt." He called.

I looked over my shoulder and saw him holding it up. I grabbed for it and tugged it on. "Thank you."

"Be safe."

"I will." Leaning down, I kissed his forehead.