Why Don't You Show Me A Little Bit Of Spine

(Pete's POV)

"You look hella good in that."

I met Patrick's eyes as he stood behind me in the mirror. Being watched by those hungry baby blues was enough to make me squirm. I squared my shoulders against the oncoming shudder. Adjust the black blazer I was wearing. His blazer. I had to admit, I did look decent. Black, skin tight t-shirt, black blazer, black jeans. It was my happy color.

"Did you just say hella?"

He smirked. "Are you going to take the compliment or not?"

I bit my lip. Pretending to consider it. "Thank you."

He acknowledged my thanks with the nod of his head. Patrick's eyes stayed glued to mine as he approached me from behind. Wrapping his arms around my waist. His fingers toyed with the buckle of my belt. My already flat stomach sucked in on instinct.

"You'd look even better out of it."

Bold. Way more forward than he'd been since I returned from Canada. A part of me wanted to question it. But the larger part of me refused to look this gifted horse in the mouth. I slumped into him. Pushing my ass against the front of his pants.

"I'll take you up on that."

Patrick's hands were moving quick enough to match the speed at which the blood rushing from my brain. I mushed his hands away. Slipping the leather of my belt from the loops in my pants. My boyfriend's previous confidence seemed to fade as he lost control of the situation. Maybe he didn't really want this. Maybe he just wanted to tease me. If that were true, it would be cruel, but not unlike him.

"Pete, the guys will be here any minute." I glanced at the watch on my left wrist. He was right. "They're excepting a drinking pregame not gay foreplay."

The chuckle rumbled deep in my chest. "We can give them both."

"I'm sure Jon doesn't want to spend his birthday night watching us have sex."

"I don't know." I spun to face him. Sliding our growing erections against each other. Patrick sucked his lip into his mouth. "Jon never seemed like he was straddling the fence to you?"

"Pete."

"C'mon, baby." I made sure my lips moved against his ear as I spoke. Patrick was a sucker for shit like that. "I can be quick."

"I know."

"Ouch!" I pushed him a step back just to slam him back into me. He moaned at the aggression. "Best five minutes of your life."

"Two." He corrected. Sticking the appropriate number of fingers in front of my face. "But it is up there."

"I bet I could give you ten." My head dropped to the space between his shoulder and neck. His head tilted to the side to give me better access.

"Oh really?"

I hummed against his skin. "We've been apart for so long. My body misses you." He turned his head in the other direction. Instructing me to suck bruises on the other side now. I kissed the space softly. "And since I've been back, we've only had sex with other people."

He yanked out of my hold. Eyeing me dangerously. "That's low."

It was. I shrugged. "It's terrible but it is the reality."