Death Do Us Part

(Pete's POV)

I couldn't remember the last time I felt this bad. My head was pounding. My body ached. My stomach was queasy. My throat was sore. And it wasn't from a fun night on the town. Tyler insisted that I visit the hospital for a check up. And by insisted I mean he threatened to have all the guys drag me from the room if I refused to willingly go. I would have gone on my own, eventually. His threat just sped up the process. I would much rather suffer in my own bed -My own hotel bed- than have doctors poking an me probing me.

I begged Tyler not to drive me to the emergency room. So he called up Andy. Even though I didn't have an appointment, he agreed to see me immediately. That's how I ended up where we were now. Almost falling asleep on one of his check up beds while Tyler sat in a chair beside me.

I could tell by Andy's expression that things weren't okay. I knew what he was going to say. My body had a way of warning me of such things. It was the only symptom I neglected to mention to Andy. To Tyler. The twitch.

It wasn't as violent as it was the last time I went into remission. This time it was just a few unwelcome ticks. Easily passed off as me sneezing or being startled. They weren't happening enough for Patrick or Tyler to question it.

"First things first, your blood pressure is through the roof. I think your sky rocketed stress levels have something to do with that. It's extremely important that you remain stress free while your body is in the state that it is."

"Easier said than done, Doc."

He rolled his eyes. "Make it easy. Second, your white blood cell count is increasing." He didn't look at his clipboard as he spoke.

"Save the best news for last, eh?"

His eyes bored into mine. "It's increasing rapidly. Your count is over half of what it was six months ago." And then, as if it were something I'd forget, he clarified. "Like it was before you almost died."

"I know." I bit out.

"We need to start you on chemotherapy as soon as possible."

"He doesn't need that." I glanced over to see Tyler shaking his head. "He needs the DCA treatment. His body has more than likely built some kind of dependence on it. So he'll need it until I can rid him of this cancer completely."

"You think you can cure cancer?" He was almost mocking him. I knew that condescending tone would set Tyler on edge.

"I've been getting closer than you." He pointed to him for emphases. "And anybody else is this hospital or any other hospital he's been to."

"Your special little treatment isn't authorized here." Andy waved him off with his free hand. "Won't be any time soon. And we need to take action now. So we're setting the chemo."

"With all due respect, sir-"

"Doctor." He corrected. "I'll be back with the forms."

"You can't stay here." Tyler grabbed my arm as soon as Andy left the room. "You're going to die."

"I can't leave Patrick."

"Bring him." His fingers tightened around my forearm. His eyes pleading.

"He'd not going to want to live in Canada." I didn't want to live in Canada. Tyler looked offended so I explained. "His whole life is here. His job and business. His friends. His future child. He won't leave."