Chapter 3

Tobias' POV

I slowly walked down the dim hallway. I could already sense Nita's presence. I walked with dignity to her smallish frame and gave her my answer: "No."

She looked as if she expected this. she turned to me and stared straight into my eyes. Her eyes were stern and filled with persistence and maybe even hatred.

Caleb slowly walked towards me. 'Ugh,' I thought to myself. I looked down and realized my shoelaces weren't tied. Great a lecture from Caleb.

He talked for at least 5 minutes before I threatened to punch him in the mouth so that he could never talk again.

I felt like a three year old in Abnegation getting a lecture from my father about how to tie my shoe. I tied it quickly in fear of what he might do.

As a kid, I thought tying shoelaces was one of the only dilemmas in my life. That's not the case.

Caleb FINALLY walked away at a quick pace and constantly turning his head back to see if I was coming after him.

Nita still glared at me. She reminded of a girl named Sarah. She was a Candor in my 3rd grade class. She caught me cheating and told me that I should tell the truth. I asked her not to tell anyone, and she promised; however, she glared at me continuously throughout that school day. I eventually told the teacher, who was also a Candor. She had always hated me for my lying skills.

"What is it?" I said in a harsh tone, trying to get answers.

"You will help."

"Get someone willing."

"You know too much."

"Too much! You've hardly told me anything. You need to destroy the Bureau, don't you?!"

She stared at me silently. I could tell she was trying to keep it from me. Terrible liar.

"Yes," she finally admitted.

"Why?" I demanded.

"They need to be. They have not only destroyed your faction system in your community, but they are hiding things from us. I will not speak about anything else unless you are in."

"I'm not."

"Your loss."

"More like yours'. No one else knows how to crash a complicated system such as this one."

I stomped away proudly, knowing she would be stuck, for now.

.... ...... ......

Sry I haven't written in a while. SO BUSY!!! COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!