Chapter 7

Tobias

I woke up to the sun blaring through my eyes. I turned over to find the source of light. The window.

I searched around the room. I was in the hospital, and I couldn't remember why.

Tris was laying in my arms still asleep.

She looked very peaceful and beautiful. She was snuggled against my chest, and I loved the feeling.

I knew I shouldn't wake her but she would probably want to know I'm awake.

Then, everything came flooding back. David pointed a gun at me. He shot the gun. I should be dead. Why am I not dead?

I moved my arm on top of Tris' to feel her warmth. She twitched and rolled over.

She blinked several times before rubbing her eyes and meeting my gaze.

"Morning," I said as she smiled brightly, realizing it was me.

She pushed my back against the bed and kissed me. At first, it was slow and intimate but slowly became aggressive. I didn't stop her. My hand slid down her back. Her hands grabbed my short hair and pulled without hurting me.

I pulled my hand through her hair softly. I smiled against our lips. She pulled back only to take a breath and then went back to kissing me.

We continued to kiss and enjoy being in love for the next several hours.

..... ........ .....

Because I had been so weak, I had fallen asleep after a couple of hours with Tris. She told me she was going to talk to Matthew and Uriah.

Uriah had visited me while I was unconscious apparently. Uriah was as worried as Tris about my condition.

I didn't like to be treated like a baby and be in constant need, but I had no choice. The nurses had to help feed and bathe me, thanks to my broken arm and broken ankle. My right shoulder was constantly in pain and so was my head. The nurses made me take pain-relieving serums to help my condition.

I was now awake and couldn't go back to sleep. There wasn't a nurse in here, which I was very thankful for.

I didn't try to get up, so instead I looked out the window. The window showed grass and sunlight. There were fields and hills beyond that I wanted to explore. They reminded me of the Amity fields. They were always bright and sunny, just like the people who worked in them.

The thought actually made me smile. My mother seemed like she could be Amity, but that might've been her motherly instincts.

I didn't have her as a mother for very long, but she always helped me and was extremely kind. She didn't always remember to act selfless around others, but she was always kind. I respected her for it, and I wish I could be kinder especially to Tris.

Tris and I haven't fought in about a week. Maybe a record.

Suddenly, the door opens. Tris and a nurse that I clearly remember has a very condensing voice.

The nurse checks some of the cords and things I'm attached to.

Tris sits down in the chair. She doesn't say anything. She waits until the nurse leaves to say something.

"Uriah is really worried about you."

"Yeah."

"He's been asking how you're doing."

"He should come."

"He's been busy."

"Doing what?" I say too harshly. I've wanted Uriah to come or anyone else. But, they haven't. I guess I don't want Peter or Caleb to come, but company is still nice.

"He's been hanging out with Christina a lot. They can't keep their hands off of each other."

"Yeah. I get it. It's like us," I say as I smile. Tris chuckles.

Suddenly, a nurse walks in.

"Hello Four. I'm Dr. O'Hare. I've been checking up on you mostly when you're asleep. You seem to help in a decent health state. If you want to, you can go back to your hotel."

With that, I signed out of the hotel and left with Tris. She was tired and so was I.

We skipped dinner and decided to spend the night together being in love.