Chapter 11

Jay's POV

Cole pushed open one of the heavy wooden doors that lead into the noodle factory. He rushed in as soon as the door was open.

"You know, being forced to work in a noddle factory without our elemental powers and not being able to eat the noodles was awful, but on the bright side at least I know how to operate these machines now!" Cole said, rubbing his hands together.

"Hopefully your noodles will be better than the other stuff you've cooked!" I joked making Cole frown.

"Ha ha, very funny, zap-trap. How about we make this a competition then?" Cole folded his arms across his broad chest.

"Oh yeah?" I put my hands on my hips and cocked my eyebrow, "What kind of competition?"

"Let's see who can make the best noodles. If I win, you have to take back what you said about my cooking!" Cole said.

"Well, if I win, you have to admit how horrible your cooking actually is and you have to admit how great of a chef I am!" I said triumphantly.

"Psh! Like that'll happen." Cole shot back, "Anyways, are you ready?"

I nodded, "May the best chef win!" And with that I took off running to the nearest noodle machine.

I examined the noodle machine. When I was taken down to work in the factory I hadn't really worked with the machines at all since, at the time I got there, the elemental masters, Zane, and Cole were all ready hatching their escape plan and had me help build the roto-jet instead of making noodles.

How hard could a noodle machine be to work though? All you had to do was chop the noodles and then go bake them somewhere right? I looked around for the lever that worked the giant blades that cut the noodles. I reached up and pulled a lever above me.

"Ack!" A bag of flour fell onto my head making me stumble and fall onto the hard ground.

From across the factory, Cole laughed. I stood up brushing as much flour off my clothing and out of my hair as possible.

"Hey! Shut up over there! You got hit in the head by one of those like twice!" I shouted at him.

"Actually I only got hit once. The second time, it hit someone else." Cole responded.

"Whatever," I mumbled under my breath.

"How's the noodles going? I don't see them anywhere." Cole commented.

"I'm working on it! Just focus on your own before you screw up!"

Cole turned around, laughing, and faced the noodle machine he was working at. I returned to my work as well and after a couple minutes I have succeeded in making noodles. I felt accomplished.

"What took you so long? I finished two minutes ago." Cole smirked as I walked over to him with a bowl of noodles in my hands.

"Wow, a whopping two whole minutes." I responded sarcastically, "How are we supposed to judge which one of us has better noodles? Don't we need like a third person to be a judge?"

"Uh," Cole paused, "I forgot about that."

"What?! How am I going to prove you wrong then??" I exclaimed.

"Guess you won't," Cole laughed.

"Fine," I shook my head, "Let's just eat then because I'm starving."

Cole nodded, "Agreed. We can't let great noodles like these go to waste."

We scarfed down our bowls of noodles then headed over to the fortune cookie machine and made ourselves loads of cookies eating them. We read aloud the little fortunes we got to see which one of us got the most ridiculous fortunes. After we had our fill, he headed back on our way out of the maze like underground beneath the temple.