Chapter 17

Lloyd's POV

The battle was soon over. Chen's minions soon gave up once the elemental master's had their powers restored. Although, as I looked around there was no sign of Chen or Clouse. I frowned, "After all this they got away again?? How's that even possible?! How did they get away so fast?"

I scanned the room but there was no sign of the cult leader and his right hand man. I guess we'll have to deal with them later. They're the least of our worries now. They can't do that much harm anyways since Chen no longer has the Staff of Elements. Something hitting my back jolted me out of my thoughts. I turned my head to see Cole standing beside me his arm wrapped around my shoulder. Jay, Nya, and Zane were with him.

"Hey, sorry about beating you up and all that, man." Cole said.

I smiled, "It wasn't your fault. You weren't in control of your actions."

"Yeah, I feel so bad though!" Jay spoke up, "Like, I can't believe I was being mind-controlled! I didn't even notice it at all. It was a weird feeling too. It felt like my mind was glazed over and I just did whatever the first thought in my head told me to do. Which, thinking about that now, doesn't seem like a good idea. Especially if it's something like holding your friend captive or attacking them." He shook his head, "Not the best idea."

I laughed a little, "I think that seems like a good explanation of the effects of mind-controlling."

"I am just glad that you are alright, Lloyd, and that this whole mess is over." Zane spoke up.

"I second that. I can't wait to leave this Godforsaken island." Nya said.

We all nodded, agreeing with what Nya said. I heard footsteps and saw my dad walking towards us.

"Are you alright?" I asked him.

Garmadon nodded, "Don't worry about me. I may have a few bruises but Clouse has more." He smirked.

"You probably helped break the spell Clouse had on us then," Cole inferred, "Clouse was weakened during your fight with him and thus the spell weakened. And when our powers returned that might've helped break the spell completely somehow."

"Yeah! Alright Sensei G! You saved us!" Jay fist pumped into the air.

Nya chuckled at him. Jay gave her one of his signature dorky smiles in return. The rest of us rolled our eyes. Skylor walked over to join in on the group talk.

"The rest of the elemental masters rounded up Chen's followers. It'll be easier to keep track of them this time. That's the good news. Bad news; my father and Clouse disappeared again." Skylor filled in the group.

"I doubt this'll be the last time we see them." Garmadon frowned slightly.

Zane nodded, "Agreed. As much as I would like to leave this island I sense that our time here is not yet over."

"I think we should destroy the ferry so Chen can't escape the island. Destroy any way off the island except for our vehicles such as the rotojet." Jay suggested.

"I mean, that might work." I said skeptically. "Temporarily."

Jay smiled, "Ok then, well I'll go establish that with the elemental masters and we'll take care of that."

Jay left the group and walked over to where the other elemental masters were gathered. Skylor's gaze followed the blue ninja as he left and swept over the crowd.

She then turned her attention back to our group with worry in her eyes, "Have any of you seen Kai? I haven't seen him since he destroyed the Staff of Elements."