Chapter 15

Kai's POV

Skylor and I walked along the waterfront enjoying the bright sunshine and each other's compallllny.
okp
"Isn't this nice? Spending time together just the two of us?" Skylor commented.

I smiled my face going red, "Yeah. It is."

"Time like this makes it easier to forget what's happened in this past week on this island." She said.

"Had it already been a week? I can't keep track of the days. So much has happened." I replied.

Skylor's gaze dropped towards my side where I was still carrying the Staff of Elements with me, "You're right. Lots of things have happened."

A moment of silence took place. Only the sound of the wind and waves from the water swishing against the concrete dock interrupted the quiet.

Finally Skylor spoke again, "Do you have to carry that thing around with you everywhere?"

She seemed to put more malice into the word 'thing' and looked at the Staff with a sort of hatred in her amber eyes.

"You know why. It holds my power. If I leave it out somewhere I'm powerless, and not to mention you're father will be on it in a heartbeat." I tried to get her to see things my way.

"Why do you even want all that power Kai? Why do you care?" She looked back up into my eyes.

"Don't you understand why? I mean, this Staff is basically a replica of what your elemental powers can do. You were born with the ability to have all this power! Unlike me." I said.

"I had that power. I don't anymore, or had you forgotten that in your Staff is my power as well?" She frowned a bit.

"That's not my fault! I didn't take your powers; Chen did." I shot back, "I used to dream of becoming the Green Ninja. The most powerful ninja. I trained hard for years, trying to get better and better only for a kid to just waltz into my life and get handed the power! Now, with this Staff though, I have even more power than Lloyd. I'm more powerful than the Green Ninja! And not only do I have all the elemental powers. I finally have the powers of the Green Ninja. The powers I should've had."

Skylor sighed, "I guess I understand. I'm lucky to have been born with the powers I had. I know that. I've lived my entire life with my father envying that about me, and about my mother. I just– having lots of power makes it easier for a person to become corrupted, like Chen. I don't want you to end up like him, and when you're like this, you remind me of him."

"No..." I shook my head, "I'm nothing like Chen. Don't compare me to him." Although I tried to ignore it, Skylor's words sparked a little flame of doubt and fear inside me.

What if I am like Chen? I shook my head like I could dislodge the thought from my head, No. I'm not like Chen. I'm just using the Staff as my opportunity to feel the power I could've had.

"I'm sorry, Skylor. It's just not fair that Lloyd revived all the power without having to work for it at all! You'd understand better if you were in me." I spoke softly.

Skylor nodded but looked unconvinced. "You've got one thing Lloyd doesn't though." She smiled, the look of uncertainty and doubt vanished.

"Oh yeah? What's that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You've got me." She responded.

My face flushed and I felt hot. I couldn't help but smile. Skylor laughed at how flustered I became. Was this how Jay felt when he was with Nya?

As if my thoughts had summoned them, I spotted Jay and Nya walking towards us. Roughly escorting Lloyd. I frowned, upset that my time alone with Skylor was ruined, but felt triumphant that they had finally captured Lloyd. A smile spread across my face.

"I told you two, I'm coming willingly. There's no need for you to push me!" Lloyd said as he walked closer.

"Maybe if you walked faster, I wouldn't have to push you." Jay sneered while shoving Lloyd once again in the back just to spite him.

"Ah, what a pleasant surprise." I said and Lloyd's attention switched to me. "So you finally decided to give yourself up instead of hiding and letting your friends all be caught first. Such a noble move from the Green Ninja."

"I didn't let our friends get caught!" Lloyd protested. "It wasn't my choice. I let them think for themselves and make their own choices instead of controlling them like a certain some one I know."

I frowned, gritting my teeth and clenching my fists. Wanting to choke him.

Lloyd just held a snarky look of triumph on his face. His green-gold eyes gleaming. The expression reminded me of one he made back when he was a kid. The look he gave me when he thought he'd won. When he was right after arguing over something stupid. Back then I would've rolled my eyes and walked away, but now, that look made my blood boil. I wanted to hurt him. But, now was not the time.

Just then Chen came running from the Temple towards us, "You finally caught him!" He smiled when he saw Lloyd. "That means you can give me my Staff back!"

He reached for the Staff. I pulled it back and turned my attention to Chen. "Not yet. I need to finish dealing with Lloyd first."

"Fine." Chen huffed. Then he lit up, "How about we go down into my inner temple and you can do what ever you want with Lloyd down there in front of all my followers? It'll be perfect! Like a ceremony before my ceremony! Because after you deal with Lloyd I'll get my Staff back and I'll finally take over Ninjago!"

I looked back at Lloyd. His expression was unreadable. "The inner temple huh? Isn't that where all of this started?" I smirked, "Great idea. Why not finish where I started?"

                              ~¥~
________________________________________
Had more of that good old Kailor in this chapter. I was pretty stumped on what to do with this for a while but I finally got this chapter out.
How did you like it?

Vote?
Comment?
Thanks so much for reading!