Fills My Dreams

She never did forget. She was his rose. And his rose only. And when she regrets things, she reminds herself every rose has its trail of thorns. When she gets happy, the rose blooms. When she feels grateful, she tells herself the petals are vibrant. The petals will fall. And when it falls, she will be leaving behind a legacy paving the way for her next generation to come. A generation of roses with thorns as sharp as knives. And petals tough enough so they won't fall easily.

They won't fall easily...

Summer was now 21, and was happy to graduate from Beacon. That was the same year of Raven and Taiyang's wedding. They were 22 to 23, and Summer was now just old enough to call herself an adult and do adult things. Like drink. Which was something only one person she knew had done.

The Branwen she was to marry. 

She had lived in a small house hidden in the trees with her beloved. It had a view of mountains in the clearing, and it was perfect in size for the two. Or so she thought.

Summer was in a happy mood aside from her secretive side. She had just pulled on her hood, and she was walking in a red and white sundress with black petals lining the bottom. Her silver boots clicked as she strolled happily, and her smile wasn't forced or fake. She had on a red belt with her emblem on it, and her hair started growing longer. She preferred a shorter style, but she was okay with the change in look. It made her have a sense in no longer being a child.

She calmly strolled down the pathway, and as she went, she hummed a tune happily. Summer finally made it to Raven's house, and as she knocked on the door, Raven yanked her inside hard.

Summer regaining feeling in her left arm, stared at the luckier twin. "Why'd you-"

"Shhh!" Raven cut her friend off. "Summer, I-I have a problem."

"You want to talk about it?"

Raven was thinking of an answer as Summer casually glanced at her scroll. "What, have somewhere else to be?"

"Oh! Haha, um well, I have to go at around 4:30, and it's 2:54 right now, so we should have some time."

"Oh?" Raven butted in on her plans. Her red eyes stared the smaller girl down, and smirked when she saw the ring flash. "Have plans with my brother do you?"

"Um, well I-"

"No need Summer! You and him kiss until your hearts content!"

"Raven!" Summer fired back. "You don't even know who I'm meeting with!"

"Yes I do. Qrow told me you two basically had a date. At like, 4:30. Yeah." She said calmly. 

Summer groaned and gave Raven an angry look.

"He calls you 'Rose' does he not?"

Summer about had it. She said this to her quietly, but proved her point. "Raven, this isn't about me and my love life, or the things we do. This is about you and your 'urgent' message you sent me on my scroll. I was in a good mood, so tell me already."

Raven sighed and knew she was to give up.

"Fine. But heed my warning. DON'T TELL ANOTHER SOUL."

Summer appeared afraid, but kept her cool during the talk.

"Summer, I've been experiencing things I probably shouldn't be," she started. "Things like sickness, and weird cravings, and I have zero control over what stays in and comes out of my mouth. I have some possibilities, but I need your opinion in the matter. "

Summer's jaw dropped clearly understanding the 'issue' Raven had discussed. Summer always knew someday she'd get to help a friend in a more girly matter than what she was entitled to. She always wanted to help a friend with this type of thing. She just never knew when.