7. Oh, Sweet Revenge

----------

-----------

-----------

The Neighborhood - A Little Death

"Vacancy was lit, the guests were checking in
The concierge was cold
The water pipes had mold all over them
The room was fit for two
The bed was left in ruins
The neighbor was knocking, yeah
But no one would let him in."

"HERE," Holden handed Caroline a glass of blood as she was sitting on a couch at their house. The blonde took it with shaking hands and took a sip.

"I'm still shaking," she mused terrified as Holden nodded. Damon and Stefan then arrived with confused faces as they found Caroline in their house.

"What happened?" Stefan questioned her in concern as he looked at his older brother. Holden just crossed his hands over his chest and shrugged.

"Tell them," Holden told Caroline calmly. The female vampire nodded her head and turned to the other two Salvatores.

"I saw Katherine today," she answered and both of them widened their eyes, though Damon covered his emotion with a small grimace. "At the Grill," she sighed. "I just stopped by to gawk and... quasi-stalk Matt."

Damon rolled his eyes at that. She then told them that Katherine gave a message to the brothers. "Tell Damon, Holden and Stefan that I want the moonstone or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood."

Holden then sighed as he looked at Caroline. "Tell the rest," he mused so Caroline continued.

"Tonight, at the masquerade ball," Caroline finished with fearful eyes and Holden glanced at his brothers.

"She wants to do it in public now," he said seriously as Damon was thinking about something. "Killing the Lockwood threw her off guard."

Damon was seemingly annoyed. "She's running scared," he commented. "What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks."

"We can't underestimate her," Stefan shook his head slightly. Holden saw how sad he still was after breaking up with Elena, and mostly Holden felt quite responsible for that. "We have to he smarter than her."

"Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline questioned positively as all the brothers looked down at her as if she was insane.

"No, Katherine's not getting dick," Damon told her angrily as he pursed his lips. "I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight."