9. Old Friends

-----------

-----------

Jaymes Young - I'll Be Good

"My past has tasted bitter for years now
So I weild an iron fist
Grace is just weakness
Or so I've been told."

"HELLO, ELENA."

Elena glanced at Damon warily as she looked behind him. "Is Stefan here?" she asked curiously. "He called. He said it was important."

Damon moved out of the way to let her in. "Right this way," he nodded so the girl walked in. She saw Stefan there and furrowed her eyebrows before saying her hey's.

"What is this about?" Elena asked before Rose walked into the room with Holden following. The middle Salvatore brother noticed Elena and knew she would never remember his confession, so he just ignored her look. "You." Elena mused, seeing the girl that kidnapped her.

They all went to the living room and Elena sat down on the couch before glancing at the woman with a pixie haircut. "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true," Rose explained as everyone listened. "It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real."

"Who is he?" Elena questioned with slight annoyance as Holden leaned on the couch she was sitting on. Elena glanced at him over her shoulder.

"He's one of the originals," Holden told her calmly.

Damon piped in. "He's a legend," he wiggled his eyebrows.

"From the first generation of vampires," Stefan added seriously and Elena looked back at the only other female in the room.

"Like Elijah?" she asked with widening eyes as Rose just shook her head.

"No," she mused then sighed. "Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest," Holden told Elena, who stared off to space, processing everything and everyone she learned about in short amount of time.

Her eyes went back up to the four vampires. "Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?"

"Yes," Rose nodded.

"No," Stefan said at the same time so Elena rolled her eyes.