P R O L O G U E

Summer's POV:Two months of sleep

Summer's POV:
Two months of sleep. It was amazing. Except for the fact that all our friends were murdered. All of them. I didn't know how to cope. Nova is having a really hard time with Klaus' death. Now my parents are admitting me into Westin Hills Asylum. My dreams started up again which isn't a surprise. But I don't need to be in a hospital. I'm not crazy. This asylum has kids inside it that have real problems. Tears filled my eyes as they drug me away from my parents. Justin was put in the hospital as well. The police thought he needed help and Nova's mother wanted her to get some help. Justin tried to fight off the hospital guards but the ended up sedating him. I watched as they injected something in Justin's neck. He fell limp in their arms and he was dragged away. I thrashed around as they drug me down the hall. "No!" I screamed. The other kids stared at me and a man walked into the hall. "Hey. Ease up on her." He said. The guards held me tightly and I elbowed one in the stomach. The other grabbed me and I tried to get out of his arms. "Hey! I said ease up on her! She's a child." The man from earlier said. The guard let go of me and I huffed. A boy stood next to me and he stared at me. I said "what?" He shrugged and didn't say anything. "I'm Neil. Neil Gordon. You can call me Dr. Gordon ok?" He said. I nodded and he said "what's your name?" "Summer." I said. "Summer Abner?" He asked me. I nodded again, not wanting to speak. "Come this way and we'll get you a room. And you'll have your clothes. Maybe some personal things." He said. He stood at a desk and grabbed a clipboard and the boy from earlier was still staring at me. "Can you not do that please?" I asked him a little bit too rude. The boy nodded and gave me a sad smile. I instantly felt bad about being so rude to him. A sigh left my lips and I and said "look. I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't want to be here. How bad is this place?" He tilted his hand back and forth giving me an answer. Kinda. I nodded and didn't bring up why he wasn't talking. "This way." Neil said as we began to walk down a hall. They all had rooms with two beds. Two to a room. Great. I was hoping that I'd be with Nova but I doubt it. "Here's your room. All the kids have their freedom right now. You'll be rooming with Riley." Neil said to me. I walked in and said "what does freedom mean?" "They're allowed to walk around the hospital and engage in activities. But you cannot. Until you meet the rest of them. So maybe tomorrow." He replied. I rolled my eyes and saw that some of my personal items were on my bed. I grabbed my phone and Neil stood over me. "You can go." I said to him. "Are you going to have an attitude the whole time you're here?" He asked me. I laughed and said "maybe." "Do you want to meet your neighbors? The kids next door?" He asked. I shrugged and threw my phone on my bed. I followed him as he walked into a room with two boys. "Guys. This is Summer. She's new. We got three new kids today. But you'll meet the other two later." Neil said. "Yay. More people who are fucked up." The boy on the bed said. "Kincaid. Language." Neil said. The dark boy rolled his eyes and a boy spun around in a chair. "This is Kincaid and Phillip." Neil said as he gestured to the two boys that sat in the small room. Phillip waved and said "hi. Welcome to the snake pit." I nodded and said "how is this place?" Phillip said "oh it's the best!" A small laugh escaped my lips and Phillip smiled. Kincaid huffed and said "Summer I don't have a problem with you but I'd like y'all to leave." I nodded and Neil said "we're going. You won't see much of Kincaid. He gets himself in the quiet room so much." Kincaid smiled sarcastically and said "I do it so I don't have to look at your ugly face all the time." Phillip shook his head and I snickered which caused Neil to look at me. I walked past him and over to where Phillip sat. "What are those?" I asked him. Phillip spun around and said "dolls. Marionettes. It's kind of my hobby. I make them out of any objects I find. Mostly clay but there's sometimes I'm allowed to use other things. I have to scrounge to find some of this stuff." "It's cool." I said to him. He nodded and Neil said "come on Summer. It's time for group." Kincaid groaned and Phillip said "group. The thing I look forward to everyday." I laughed again and Kincaid said "y'all should just hook up already." "I have a girlfriend thank you." Phillip replied. Kincaid rolled his eyes and they walked out. Neil said "let's go to group. Come on." "I want to know what you did with Justin. Will he be there?" I asked. Neil nodded and said "yes. And I didn't do anything with him." I bit my lip and didn't say anything else. I began to follow Neil and I sighed. Hoping that I'd see Justin.