Four- Heated Kiss

AN- Phew! Got some free time in between exams! Hope you like this part, its the carriage kissing scene (my favourite :D). Enjoy!

***********************

After the disastrous party (to me, anyway), I was like a mad man. I was determined to undo all my mistakes and make things right again. And I would prevail. Watch me.

After I'd dispatched the package to Genovia- which included my precious CardioArm- and along with it a team of engineers which included Midori- I chilled out a bit, watching a movie and playing Assassin's Creed on my Play Station. I almost forgot that I'd donated a CardioArm to Genovia, and my pathetic love life. That is, until I got a text from the Princess of Genovia herself.

Dear Michael. I can't tell you how surprised yet pleased I was to hear from my dad today about a certain delivery that arrived at the Royal Genovian Hospital. You can't even begin to imagine what you've done for him and for the people of Genovia. Your generosity will never be forgotten. I would so like to thank you on their behalf in person (when you have time). Sincerely, Mia

I started grinning as I read the text. Man, that was faster than I expected. I decided to reply back (well, duh).

Mia, would love to see you 'in person'. How about tonight? Michael. PS No need to thank me on behalf of your father or Genovia. I only sent it because I thought it might help out your dad in the elections, and that, in turn, would make you happy. So you see my motives were completely selfish.

There. I clicked 'send'. I meant that selfish part; why else would I donate the CardioArm? Of course, I might have, in the future, but this was all for Mia- and too make her happy by helping her dad win the elections.

Her reply didn't come for a long time, but I was still engrossed in the video game. Then suddenly my phone buzzed, really loud.

Hi, Michael! Tonight won't work (obviously), and tomorrow night is Boris' senior project (his concert at Carnegie Hall). Friday is Senior Skip Day. Are you free for lunch on Friday? Mia.

I smiled. I knew all about Boris' project; he'd invited me too (and I would be going, of course, he's been my eyes and ears in Mia's life these past two years). And, he was going to live at my loft until he got a single dorm at Julliard. I clicked reply, and wrote:

Mia, Friday for lunch is great. Want to meet at the Central Park Boathouse, Lakeside, one o'clock? Love Michael

I think the Boathouse is great. I've never eaten at that place with Mia before (always wanted to), and friends had lunch there all the time. Completely easy.

Two more days until Friday. I hope my hard work paid off.

***********
So here I was for Boris' concert at Carnegie Hall.

And I don't mean to sound rude or anything, since Boris is a good friend of mine, but can I just say that it is incredibly boring?

Yeah, violins and stuff have never been the thing for me. Sure, Boris is a great musician- which was why I took him into Skinner Box (my band). But when I've heard everything from the supply closet he used to play his stuff in Gifted and Talented, I don't think it makes much difference if I pay attention or not. I'm here to support my friend who has helped me a lot in the past two years.

So I'm using my time here to see everywhere and try to tune out the scraping of the violins.

By the way, people are going crazy over him. Like he's this huge celebrity. That's... wow.

I'm here with Lilly (she was invited too), and I can see Mia rows and rows apart, sitting with Blondie (who looks like a meditating Buddha who likes ear splitting noise instead of peace).

I must have lapsed somewhere, because people everywhere were suddenly getting up and giving him a standing ovation (indicating that Boris' concert was awesome sauce to them).