Chapter 6 ~ His Job

Chapter 6 ~ His Job

"Kayleen come on, I just want to see what he is doing then you can go" Lauren explained as she drug my out the door. She wanted to go see her boyfriend, and make sure he wasn't cheating on her. I wasn't sure about the whole idea, because her boyfriend scared me. 

"Okay, I'm coming let go of me" I jerked my arm away from her and walked to the other side of her car. We drove the 40 minutes in traffic to his house and Lauren got nervous.

"What if he is doing something bad? What if he is selling right now? What if he is with another girl?" 

"Then you will know and we can go, but I wasted 45 minutes of my day, and I am nervous as hell for tonight, so get out of this car and go into that house and talk to him" I was being a little bit bitchy but I was nervous about tonight, my family was going to meet Michael. I wasn't sure what they would think about him, I'm sure my mom would like him, just not my dad.

"Come with Kay" I sighed and nodded, it was the only way to get her to go in. I got out of the car and walked with her up the steps. As we climbed to the top step I could feel her getting more nervous, but she had nothing to worry about right? Wrong! If her boyfriend was doing business he would get pissed at us, both. Her boyfriend sold drugs and it was serious. It scared me, but Lauren never seemed to care, she was just blinded by love I guess.

I grabbed her hand and she nodded, we both knew it was time. I opened the door and we walked in. We were only in the entry way and we could already hear talking, he was doing business. I looked at her and then turned to the front door, I was leaving. She nodded and turned with me but when she turned her keys slipped out of her hand and fell onto the floor, making a loud noise, great.

"Stop!! Who's there?!?!" Lauren turned and looked at me, I was scared. Lauren's boyfriend walked around the corner and looked at us. He pointed to the living room and we both slowly walked that way. When I turned the corner my eyes met someone familiar.  Michael. 

~

"So.. I don't know how to tell you this" Michael stared at me, and I was nervous, why was there? "Kayleen, you know why I have all those cars.. and nice clothes and shit," he continued. "Kayleen.. I'm a drug dealer.. well more like a drug lord" 

I looked down, of course it was to good to be true. Of course he was a drug lord, because nothing in my life can just be easy. I sighed and just stared at my feet. I didn't know what to say, I couldn't have my boyfriend be a drug dealer, my dad would kill me. I liked him though, really liked him. He grabbed my chin and lifted it so that I would look at his eyes.

"Sorry I didn't tell you sooner Kayleen, but I wanted you to get to know me before I told you" I sighed again, what was I suppose to do now? 

"Its okay" I blinked the tears out of my eyes. He pulled me into a hug and I gave in. I didn't know what I was going to do, but I had to make up my mind before tonight.

~

I have decided to stay with Michael. Even though he does what he does I still really like him, and he told me he loved me for the first time today. I was feeling confident coming into tonight's dinner with my parents. 

"You ready ma?" Michael let himself into my dorm. I nodded and looked at myself one last time in the mirror, I looked great. Michael wouldn't stop complimenting me the whole way there, and I think he was just sucking up because he knew I was a little shooken up from today's experiences.

"Lets go" He grabbed my hand and led me into the restaurant, I saw my parents sitting at a table, and I tensed up. How am I suppose to tell my dad my boyfriend is a drug lord? I saw them look up and watch us, but Michael was still calm. 

"Mom, dad.. this is Michael, Michael this is my mom Jennifer and my dad, Wayne" 

"It's good to meet you" My dad didn't say anything, he just stared him down. 

"Great to meet you too" My mom smiled big at him. I smiled too, my mom liked him already.

~

About half way into the meal my dad questioned Michael.

"So, what kind of job do you have?" I tensed up, but Michael didn't think twice.

"I'm a tattoo artist" he pulled up the sleeves on his shirt to show some of his tattoos. His answer made sense, and I was relieved. 

"Thats very cool" My mom smiled. 

~

"I really like Michael" I could hear my mom's smile over the phone.

"Me too" 

"You guys are so cute" I laughed and looked over at Michael.

"Your dad likes him too, even if he won't admit it"

"Thanks mom"

~~~

Comment and Vote