Chapter 19 ~ Say Yes

Chapter 19- Say Yes

I was in the kitchen trying to find the right baby food for Michael to feed Cayla, Cayla had just started walking and was trying to get away from Michael. After digging through another cabnit I finally found it. I opened the top and grabbed a spoon and handed it to Michael.

"Thanks babe" he kissed my cheek and took the can out of my hand. I nodded my head and went to our room to take a well need shower.

Michael was the sweetest guy I could ever ask for. I was so blessed to have him in my life. He had recently told me he wanted to get married by the time he was 23, he was 22 now. So of course I got the hint. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get married yet, but we were living together, we had a child together, so we basically could be already married.

I got out of the shower and walked to my closet. I picked out a black and purple chevron top with some black shorts and some black heels. I finished my makeup and curled my hair.

"Whats the occasion?" Michael said from behind me, making me jump.

"Nothing, I just felt like dressing up"

"well, lets go out"

"nope. I don't feel like taking Cayla out and listening to her scream for an hour"

"my mom can take her, come on I'll call her"

"You don't have to Michael"

"I want to" He said walking out putting the phone up to his ear.

I picked up Cayla and walked to her room dressing her. A few minutes later Michael walked back in telling me that we could go now. I nodded and fixed Cayla a bag, so that him mom would have everything she needed. Then I walked back downstairs and we got in one of his cars. The ride to his mom's house was only 30 minutes, which was spent making small talk and listening to the radio. Once we were at the nice grey house, Michael grabbed Cayla and her bag and told me to wait in the car. I just nodded.

I was excited to finally have a night to ourselves, we hadn't really had one since Cayla was born, she was our first priority, like she should be. But we never had got the chance before. I saw Michael open the door and walk out of the house then he opened the car door and smiled at me.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah" I nodded and looked at the house one last time before Michael pulled away.

"So what do you wanna do?"

"How about dinner and a movie"

"sounds good, which movie you wanna see?"

"Doesn't matter, you can decide" I told him, then turned up the radio. He switched lanes and made his way to a popular movie theatre in LA. He paid for the movie and we went and took our seats in the middle.

~After The Movie~

"What did you think of the movie?"

"It was good, I liked it" I nodded and he chose a place to eat. We were at a small burger and shake joint, that looked really old. I was skeptical but he told me he went here a lot, it was good, and I shouldn't worry about it. The waitress came and took our order.

"You know, if this right here was my life for the rest of my life, I would be happy forever"

"Me too Michael" I smiled at him, he looked nervous.

"You know, me, you, and Cayla, my life is perfect just the three of us" I nodded, I wasn't sure what he was getting at. "Kayleen I love you, your the best thing that has ever happened to me"

"Thanks Michael, you too" He looked in my eyes and smiled.

"Stand up for me" he took my hands and stood up with me.

"Why Michael?"

"Shh" he put a finger over my mouth. "Kayleen Carter, I love you so much, and I guess what I wanna say is that I want to spend the rest of my life with you" he turned to the kitchen door and waved his hand for someone to come here. Cayla ran out with a huge grin. She hands him a little black box and he leans down and gives her a kiss, "thank you princess" she smiled a ran off. Now he was on one knee, and I realized what he was doing, my mouth dropped open. "Kayleen will you marry me?" He opened the box and I saw the most beautiful ring.

"Oh my gosh Michael. Of course I'll marry you!" He gave me a huge smile.

"Good you had me nervous for a second" he laughed and the whole restaurant started cheering. I was going to marry the man of my dreams!

~~~

Sorry it's so short! Just something I wrote quickly to hold you guys over. As I said before writers block is a bitch! Ugh! But I think this book will only have a few more chapters then I might make a third book with Cayla as the main character?! I'm not sure though tell me what you think.

Anyways Comment and Vote

✌️