Chapter 8 ~ The Night

Chapter 8- The Night

I looked at my phone, did I want to hang out with Jacob tonight? I didn't know if I was ready for that. I had just started my relationship with Michael, and I didn't want to ruin it because of Jacob. I thought about it for a while and decided it was better not to go at all.

Me: Sorry Jake, I have class. 

I looked up at the professor who was talking about today's politics and how it has to do with the economy. This was probably my hardest class, yet it was the most boring. I took some notes as he continued to talk the rest of the hour. 

"Okay thats all.. don't forget the assignment due by the end of the week, I expect it in the drop box" I grabbed my backpack and walked out the door. I hadn't seen Michael since the night of the party, and it was bothering me. Who tells a person they love them then just leaves? I didn't know, but it was making me mad. I walked back to my dorm and sat doing homework. I woke up in my bed with arms wrapped around me, of course I freaked out. I jumped up and started hitting the person, I couldn't tell who it was because it was pitch black. 

"Whoa! Kayleen!" I knew it was Michael, but I didn't feel like stopping, he was pissing me off. Soon enough he grabbed my arms and held them down. "Damn girl! You got me good" he flipped on a light, still holding one of my hands, and I could see blood, coming out of a lot of places. 

"Sorry" I mumbled and sat down on the bed while he went to the bathroom to wash out his cuts. 

"Its okay, I'm glad you did it actually" I looked over at him confused. "well now I know if anyone trys to fuck with you, you can beat there ass" I giggled and walked to where he was. I looked at him, he had a few cuts on his face, and his arms were already bruising. He pulled me closer to him but all I could think about was Jacob. I backed off and walked back to me bed. 

"Sorry, I.. I have a lot on my mind" 

"Well, I'm your boyfriend, you can tell me whats up" 

"No, I can't tell you" I sighed, if Michael knew about me and Jacob's past.. lets just say Jacob would probably not be living..

"Why? you can tell me anything.. I won't get mad"  I looked at his brownish gold eyes and started to say something, but Lauren stopped me. 

"Kayleen? why are you up at 5am? some of us are trying to sleep!" You didn't want to piss Lauren off when she was trying to sleep. 

"Sorry Laur, I'm shutting it off now" I flipped of the switch and walked back to the bed. I needed to sleep, it might help me clear me head, but Michael wouldn't let me. He simply shut my door and flipped the light back on.

"No, you want to talk, talk" 

"Michael its not that simple, I'm just dealing with a lot of stuff right now, and your not helping anything! Who tells a person they love them and then doesn't talk to them for days? I don't get it Michael, I don't get you. You say you want a relationship with me, but you aren't there for me when I need you! Where were you the past week when I needed you? You only ever talk to me when I'm in some kind of danger.. But I'm sick of it Michael! You want me to talk to you about what I'm feeling, but why should I talk to you?" I was on the verge of crying, but I couldn't cry.. If I cried, Michael would never leave me alone. 

"Baby I'm sorry, okay? I had some shit to do this past week, but I'm here now" 

"That doesn't mean shit Michael!" I was getting more angrier, we both were. 

"I don't understand, I'm trying the best I can, and thats not good enough for you" 

"No. thats not what I'm saying Michael" We were yelling at each other now, and Lauren definitely noticed. 

"I don't care! shut that shit up or go outside or something! your fucking loud!" she yelled from behind the door. 

"I think you should go now Michael" I heard him sigh, then he walked out of the room quietly. I walked to my bed and cried. I didn't know what just happened, but I would probably never see Michael again. 

~~~

Michael is in multimedia.

Comment and Vote