Chapter 13 ~ Spring Break

Chapter 13- Spring Break

3 weeks later.

Kayleen POV

I can't believe I'm back in Miami! I am so excited to finally be home for spring break. I smiled as I walked through the door of my mom and dad's mansion. Leah was the first one to run up to me,

"Kayleen! your home!!" I smiled and picked her up, giving her a whole bunch of kisses, I missed this little girl so much! Reginae smiled at me from the living room, even though we were never really close when we were younger, we are a lot closer now. She goes to UCF for college, so she is pretty close to home. 

"Hey girl!" 

"Hey!" I laughed and gave her a hug. 

"Where is Michael?"

"He couldn't come" I still didn't know why he couldn't, he kept saying, 'Kayleen, its just work stuff, have fun without me' I sighed just thinking about it. I hated what he did for work, it was so dangerous!

"Dang, I wanted to meet him, mom said he was cute" 

"Yeah" I turned me attention to all my younger siblings. I was surprised that my dad got all of them for spring break. 

I heard my phone buzz as I sat down on the couch.

JacobL- Hey Kay, I'm in Miami right now, since I heard you were here, we should hang out

Me- Okay Jake, that sounds good, text me when and where!(:

I smiled at my phone, I have wanted to hang out with him for a long time, but it never worked out, it seemed like fate was bringing us together. 

~

I smiled as I saw Jacob sitting at a table waiting for me. 

"Sorry I'm late, I had to curl me hair, then I lost track of time" 

"Its okay" He laughed a little. "So, you here for spring break then?" 

"Yeah, for the next two weeks" 

"Sweet I'm here for the next week and a half, because some shows got canceled. The flooding out in Colorado is crazy"

"I heard! that would be insane to perform at"

"Yeah, I'm going on an international tour in two weeks though"

"Thats awesome Jake! Congrats!"

"Thanks Kay"

"So, why are you out here in Miami?" 

"My house got broken into by my crazy ex- girlfriend.. So my manager said I needed to move somewhere, I chose here"

"OMG! your okay though? right?"

"I'm good"

"Well at least you got to come to Miami"

"Yeah I was pumped when my manager said that was one of the options"

"I bet" I smiled as the waiter came to get our orders.

~

"Alright Kayleen, I guess I will see you later" Jacob smiled at me. 

"I'll text you" I walked inside my house and looked around. I heard some noise coming from downstairs, but I didn't feel like going down there to deal with all my younger siblings. I walked up the stairs and went to my old room, which was the exact same as the way I left it. I smiled looking back at all my old pictures on my walls, homecoming, prom, school dances, they were probably my favorite memories from high school. 

After taking a quick power nap, I texted Jade telling her I was back in Miami and we needed to hang out. She sent me back and told me to meet her for lunch. I was super excited to see Jade again! I hadn't talked to her in a minute, and I missed her like crazy. 

I finished straightening my hair and I looked at myself one last time, I have on a black and white chevron top, with a neon yellow mini skirt to go with it. I had on some black heels, I looked good. I texted Jade telling her I was on my way. 

~

As soon as I pulled into the restaurant I recognized her car. I parked close to the front door, then made sure my makeup was still okay, before walking in the restaurant. She waved big and had a huge grin on her face when she saw me. 

"Kayleen! I missed you girl!"

"Missed you more Jade!" 

"So how have you been? any hot guys in LA?" 

"Really Jade?" I laughed, "I've been fine, thanks. and there are tons!" I blushed just thinking about Michael.

"Oh shit! Kayleen spill!!" I laughed.

"Well there is this guy named Michael, he is my boyfriend. but things are really complicated with his job and all that shit" 

"Hmm I want to see him. Show me a picture at least" I pulled out my phone and flipped till I found a picture of him. 

"This is him"

"Dammnn! Kayleen he is sexy as hell girl!"

"Jade! We are in public!"

"Shit sorry, just saying" She whispered. I laughed again. "Okay on a serious note though, I want you to come back to my house when we are done lunch. Kayleen its something serious" 

She wouldn't say another word about the 'serious thing' until we got home. Once she told me, I was really shocked. 

"Kayleen the reason I dragged you back here is because- because I think I'm pregnant. But I don't want to take the test alone" 

"What? you think your what?" I was shocked, I didn't even know Jade had a boyfriend.

"Pregnant Kay, pregnant, and I would feel a lot better if you would take this test and I can take this one, so that I don't have to do it alone."

I processed what she was saying for a second.

"Okay Jade, I'll do this with you" She smiled and handed over one of the tests.

~

Finally the minutes were up and we could go check and see if she was pregnant or not. I walked with her back to the bathroom, and she looked at me funny.

"Kayleen, I'm not pregnant, but you are"

~

Comment and Vote