Chapter 4

I'm ready by 7:30. I do realize it's about a hour later than when Corbyn and I spoke, but hey a girls gotta have a little Winchester bros. in her life right? I just realized Corbyn and I never really set up a time so I just assumed we would meet up at the same time we saw each other yesterday.

I run downstairs and my mom looks at me.

"And where do you think you're going looking like... that?" She asks raising an eyebrow.

I grab an apple and bite into it, "Mom, it's just a crop top and shorts. I'm just going jogging."

"Since when do you jog more than once a year?" She asks me.

I look at her seriously, "It's summer mom, I'm going to try to jog everyday now." I start to head out the kitchen and grab a Gatorade on my way out, "Gotta run mom, literally. See you in about an hour."

I walk out of the door and start my normal run to the park. I get there in about five minutes. I look around the dog park for a blonde head of hair. I see a guys back and walk over.

I put my hands on his shoulders, "Are you ready?"

The guy turns around and is probably in his late twenties.

My eyes widen, "I am so sorry. I thought you were-"

"Me?" I hear Corbyn's voice behind me.

I walk over and smack him on the chest.

"How long have you been there?" I scream.

"Long enough to see everything," he laughs and acts like he stumbles back because of the hit.

I shoot him a death glare, "And you couldn't say anything?"

He looks at me seriously, "I could have, but I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't."

"I hate you, man," I tell him flat out.

"Aww, I hate you too," he smiles holding his hands to his heart.

I push him a little and start running backwards, "Just because you wear a sweat band doesn't mean you can run," I say turning around.

He raises an eyebrow, "Trust me, I can run."

"Prove it," I challenge.

He pushes me to the side and runs ahead of me, "Race to the around the block and then back here. If I win you buy me a mountain dew freeze and chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell." He screams.

I put my hand on my hip, "If I win?" I ask.

"Well," he turns around and starts walking back to me. He tucks a stray hair behind my ear and let's his fingersnlinger, "You still get to buy me my food. That way you win respect."

I feel my face burning. I smack his hand away, "How 'bout I buy you a cheese quesadilla and you buy me a freeze."

"That didn't sound like a question," he says smiling.

I suck in air between my teeth, "That's because it wasn't."

"Fine. Deal. You want a five second head start?" He asks.

"Corbyn, remember what I said. Sweat bands don't mean you can run." I walk ahead a little, "Honestly it kinda looks like you're wearing a headband."

"That's it," he screams, "On your mark, get set. Go!"

Then we started running. He started off sprinting and I jogged. He's just going to run out of stamina soon. He rounds the corner first. He slows down and I catch up. He starts going faster. We round the last corner head to head. I pass him up a bit, but he starts sprinting again.

"How did you beat me?" I shout.

"Sweat bands make you run faster. Didn't you know that," Corbyn laughs and decides to walk over to me. He leans in and I get scared. Is he going to try to kiss me? No, were friends right? He's supposed to be with Karen.

I put my hand up to my lips to block him. He finally comes up to my face looks at me and hugs me. He's so sweaty!! Ugh!

"Get off me you sweaty pig," I say pushing him away.

He laughs and steps back, "Where's my Taco Bell?"

"Alright let's get walking, it'll take a while," I say.

"No. Just no," he starts walking the other way, "I have a car. Let's go in that. I've done enough walking for a lifetime."

--------------------

I take the walk of shame into Taco Bell. I get my card I put in my shoe and go to the register.

"Can I have a chicken quesadilla and a mountain dew freeze?" I ask the girl. She's probably around my age, maybe younger.

"You keep your card in your shoe?" He asks.

I shrug, "Today I did."

She looks up and looks straight to Corbyn, "Uhh. S-sure any-anything else?" Her voice is super high pitched and cracking.

Corbyn looks over in my direction, "Yes can you make that two chicken quesadillas and two freezes?" He pulls out his card.

"Of course," she says smiling. Her hand meets his for a second.

"Corbyn," I whisper, "I'm the one who lost. I should be paying."

"Like I said please put it on this card," he says again.

I just sigh. We walk over to a table to eat. I see the girl take her phone out. She aims it in our direction and snaps a pic. Wow she's going to show this to her friends and make fun of us. At least it will be centered around Corbyn's sweat band.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry this is so long. It was needed for the story.
Ill try and make the next chapter shorter.