Chapter 37

I get home and throw myself on Corbyn's and mine's bed. I'm exhausted.

I hear the shower running. Corbyn's home from the meeting already. I turn in the t.v. and try not to let my eyes close before i tell him hi.

About five minutes later the shower stops. The bathroom door opens and Corbyn walks out.

"Oh hey babe," he says walking to his drawer.

I sigh, "Hi. Today was so exhausting. Christina had me running everywhere and there's still another fitting in a week."

He drops his towel. Woah. It's not my first time seeing... all of him, but he's great. (Trying not to throw up at the fact that I just wrote that.)

"Did you find you dress yet?" He asks.

I shake my head and look back at the t.v., "Nope. I think I'm going tomorrow. Do you want to come?"

"Sure. I don't have anything to do I don't think."

When I look back at him he has boxers on and is in the process of putting his shirt on.

I smile, "Why do you like to sleep with a shirt on?"

He shrugs, "I thought you didn't like me sleeping without a shirt on.

He lays next to me.

I roll my eyes, "That's at my parents, not here. This is our house."

"So I can do this if I wanted to?" Then he reaches over and starts tickling me.

I start cracking up. This continues for a few more minutes. Suddenly we hear a knock on the door.

"Come in," we both say.

Zach enters with his eyes covered, but with a slot in between his fingers still.

"That's pointless if you really want to cover your eyes," I say laughing, "We weren't doing anything."

He exhaled and uncovers his eyes, "Well from downstairs it sounded like you were-"

"We get it," Corbyn says quickly, "And if we were I would've locked the door."

Zach smirks, "Is that why your door is locked every Saturday."

Corbyn snorts, "And you are the reason we lock it."

"I just came to ask if you guys wanted to eat," Zach says, "Not to get lectured, mom and dad."

I shoot up, "What are we eating?"

"We got take out from Y/F/R," he turns to walk out.

Corbyn sits up, "We'll be down in a bit. Also don't drink or do drugs son. It's not good. Just some fatherly advice."

"Stop treating me like a kid," Zach says in a whiney voice, "That didn't help did it?"

I shake my head.

*****

Today we have to find my dress. It doesn't take long because Christina picked a simple dress and she gave everyone the specific store too.

"I thought bridesmaids dresses were supposed to be ugly? Aren't you like not supposed to be prettier than the bride?" Corbyn asks.

I look in the mirror, "Please no one is prettier than Christina."

Corbyn shrugged, "I wouldn't say that. There's a bunch of pretty actresses. Oh and you."

I turn and throw the hanger at him.

He shield his face, "I'm kidding. Plus don't mess up the face. It's the only thing I have going for myself."

"I wish I had another hanger," I say through my teeth.

He laughs. I actually check to see how the dress fits on me. I like it.

"You look beautiful," Corbyn says coming from behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist

I lean my head back into his shoulder, "I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too," he says, "You know what?"

He lets go of me and backs up.

"I LOVE Y/N," he screams. He runs out of the store, "I LOVE Y/ N Y/L/N SO MUCH THAT ONE DAY I HOPE TO MARRY HER!"

He runs back into the store and gets on one knee.

I start panicking. I can't get married. I'm only 18. I don't even know how to make pie.

"Corbyn please, let me learn to make pie first," I whisper.

He puts his finger to my lips, "Let me speak. Will you promise me that you'll never leave me for anyone else. And if you do this, I will wait. We can wait. Together."

I nod, "Together."

He gets up and hugs me.

"I love you," he says again.

"Right back at you," I say.