Chapter 8

Lucy's P.O.V

Ruki was such a jerk! For the past month, he has been keeping a close eye on me. Watching what I have been eating, monitoring where I have been going, I can't even go to the bathroom alone because surprisingly he is outside the door waiting for me. He knows I have a life too!

As lunch started I decided to go somewhere I knew he would not bother me. Somewhere I know he would not follow me. As soon as I finished eating I stood up and started to walk to the library. As I walked down the hall I had seen Laito. I smiled to myself before I had seen Ruki. So instead of going to the library, I guess I have to take a detour to the restroom. When I got inside I leaned against the wall and began to think. He is not letting me be anywhere without him.

I felt my cheeks heat up and something wet drip past my cheek. My eyes widened. I was crying. It was all his fault but it was mine as well. If I would never have originally taken the mission to make Ruki fall for me, I would have never been in this situation. I wiped my eyes before walking out of the bathroom. As I walked out I didn't see Ruki but Laito. He smiled at me causing me to blush. Who knew that a second love could have felt like a first?

"Laito"

"Come on" He grabbed my hand and brought me to the roof. When we got to the roof he leaned against the rails and I did the same. The stars this night were beautiful and being with him right now somehow made me happy. "I really wish you did that mission with me." I quickly looked at him. Did he know?

"Huh?"

"I wish that you took that mission I gave you before we broke up you know."

"Laito, I'm sorry." He chuckled.

"I'm fine, it's just that your pregnant with Ruki's baby." My eyes widened again.

"Their twins and how do you know that? No one but the nurse Quinn, Ruki, and I know that." He rested his chin on his palm as he looked at me.

"Not all secrets are meant to be kept." I only looked at him in shock. If he knew then who else had known about our secret? "You know he doesn't deserve you."

"Laito" He stood up and smiled at me and kissed my cheek. "Even when you're pregnant you are still beautiful Lucy-chan." He left me. I blushed before I looked at the sky. "I'm so sorry" I felt my tears return. If only I didn't take this mission, I wouldn't have to worry about this, I wouldn't have to worry about anything. 

Ruki's P.O.V

Where is that she? She was just walking down the hall and now she is gone. I have been searching for her for about fifteen minutes already. I went upstairs to the roof only to see Lucy and Laito talking.

I heard their conversation and my eyes widened. No wonder she seemed to be attached from him and what mission did he offer her? Was it like the one she took with me recently? 

●○•°●○•°○•°●○•°●○•°●○•°●○•°●○•°●○•°●○•°●○•