• 5 •

characters such as Bryce Walker, Clay Jensen, Justin Foley or Hannah Baker etc belong to Jay Asher and Netflix •

Chad arrives at Bryce's house, noticing the music already outshining the music coming from Chad's car but that was already something normal since Bryce's parents were almost always out.

Chad parks his car next to the house, turning the machine off before walking out and walking towards the entrance.

Chad rings the bell and awkwardly and waits on what feels like hours, but then after a while laughter could be heard from the other side of the door, very loud chuckles too. 

The door clicked and it was opened, with a smiley Bryce already in front of Chad, their height difference feeling huge coming from both Chad's perspective and Bryce's perspective but yet that's how Bryce liked it.

"My man, Beaumont!" Bryce exclaimed with a loud voice, pushing Chad in with a slight force by his shoulders and pushing him inside the familiar house. 

"H-hey." Chad said, this action being thrown as a surprise for Chad.

Chad walked with Bryce, who was holding a beer in his hand which was not really something that surprised Chad. 

Chad and Bryce entered the dining room where all the laughs and noise was coming from where Chad was faced by his other friends, Zach, Alex, Marcus and his best friend Justin. 

"Here, have a beer." Bryce said grabbing a beer from the table in front of them both. 

"Uh - I'm fine thanks." Chad said slightly pushing away Bryce's hand with the beer. 

"Oh come one, you're in my house, no one will find out." Bryce said before turning to the other guys who were looking intently at the conversation happening between  Bryce and Chad. "Right guys?" Bryce asked and getting a warm and loud 'yes' as a response from all.

All but Justin Foley, the boy knew Chad so much that he knew making him drink that would make him slightly suffer. He knew his comfort zones but yet he didn't do anything to stop it, thinking that Bryce was right and all Chad needed was a beer. Wrong. 

"Fine." Chad said after Bryce attempted at his puppy eyes. Chad grabbed the beer from the dirty blonde's hands and connected the beer it to his soft lips, quickly feeling the liquid in his mouth, terrible taste, yet the feeling after he swallowed it made it all worth it.

He felt warm inside, like someone was giving him a huge hug but yet the boy didn't remember the last time he got a proper hug that actually meant something.

The boys cheered and clapped their hands in Chad's back as a 'congratulations' and Chad just pretended to be enjoying it as it was not something new for him.

"So - You got the tapes right?" Bryce asked, his smile turning into seriousness, while the rest of the boys hawked at the silent conversation. 

"Yes, I do." Chad said, remembering the tapes he already listened to by looking at every person's face in the room. 

Alex looked down like a hurt puppy as soon as Chad layed his eyes on him. 

"Well - you don't believe them do you, Chad? You know Hannah Baker just wanted attention and sending a few lying tapes was her last shot at leaving a mark in someone." Bryce said. 

"Quite stupid actually - did she actually think we would turn on each other and believe her?" Marcus said with a rather annoying giggle before sipping more of his beer while the other boys uncomfortably giggled along. 

"Of course I know - she was lying." Chad said,  Bryce smiling a satisfactory smile before turning to the other boys. 

"That's good. You're one of us, you're our boy." Bryce said, giving Chad a relief smile, Chad was happy with those words since all he wanted was to be accepted and be one of them. He didn't care much about most of them, but Justin.