• 6 •

The sun peaked through the clouds when Chad was woke up, noticing a void next to him, a spot that was taken on the previous day by his best friend.

Chad furrowed his eyebrows, confusion taking over his still sleepy mind.

Chad got out of his bed and noticed a notification on his phone, picking the phone up, quickly reading the message notification.

Justin:

Went home earlier to change clothes, see you at school.

Chad let out a sigh full of relief, glad that Justin didn't just run away due to the secret he let out this night.

Chad sat at the corner of his bed, every word his best friend had let out hit back to him, leaving him almost as sad as he was before he fell into the dreamless sleep.

-

Chad got closer to the recognisable building, already seeing the familiar faces in front of it.

The cold wind tingled into Chad's arm, Chad hoping that it wasn't a virus preparing to invade into his body.

Chad walked through the halls of the school, noticing a quick difference on a now colorful locker. Hannah Baker's locked was full of papers full of sorrow with Hannah's picture in the middle, a picture who would forever stay in people's minds including Chad's.

Remembering that he had yet to finish the last 3 tapes.

"Stupid, these papers explain how sorry people are but when she was alive they just wanted her gone." Tony said, getting closer to Chad, both looking at the colourful locker, Chad in his own thoughts, which were quickly washed away with Tony's presence.

Chad kept walking muttering a 'leave me alone' before leaving Tony to his own thoughts, Tony's eyes following the boy before letting out a stressful sigh.

Chad walked into his next classroom, sitting down in his seat awaiting his classmates and teacher.

Hearing the laughter that was already known by Chad's ears. Justin's eyes quickly fell on Chad after waving goodbye to his other friend, Bryce Walker.

Justin gave Chad a vague smile before sitting down a few sits in front of Chad who sat at the end of the cold room.

Feeling a vibration in his thigh, quickly reaching for his phone considering he never got many messages or notifications.

The message notification showed up instantly, Chad's eyes quickly reading the words.

Justin:

Hey, I think it's better if you don't tell about what you told me this night.

That message haunted Chad's mind for the rest of the lesson, not even taking notice of the subject of the lesson.

Trying his hardest not to shed a tear.

The lesson had finished quickly before Chad jumped from his seat and found the closest bathroom, not wanting to show weakness as the tears threatened to fall.

The tears quickly fell as soon as his feet connected with the bathroom floor. Pain that he had never felt before collided with his fears causing many more tears falling.

Chad put both his hands in the side of the sink, looking at his sad reflection.

"You're okay. Everything will be okay." Chad said to himself, words that he didn't believe but felt like he had to say it, maybe if he said it the mind would believe it.

That wasn't the case.

Chad heard the bathroom door open and quickly tried to wipe away some leftover tears.

"You alright?" A yet familiar voice asked, a voice that right now annoyed him more then ever.

Tony Padilla.

"Yeah ... I'm fine." Chad said in a small voice not making eye contact and instead looking at the bathroom floor.

"You don't look fine to me." Tony said slowly getting closer, worried about the boy as each day passed by.

"Why do you care? Go get a life will you? and leave me alone." Chad said in an angry tone of voice. He has had enough and let his anger out on the person that tried to help him.

Regret filled him as soon as he left the bathroom leaving the tanned boy inside the bathroom filled with pity.

The urge to go back and apologise was huge but he decided not to. The less people cared about him the better, since heartbreak seemed to always go into his life.

Somehow Chad blamed himself for all these heartbreaks, he was the one who said the things that he did to Hannah, he was the one who told his secret to Justin, he was the one who is always being mean to Tony.

'Fuck my life' Chad thought and he meaned it, from that moment Chad had almost lost his hope and felt completely alone.