Writing Wars

*5 years ago*

“...as of today everyone that fits the required age group will be moved to our housing unit we’ve set for you. Say goodbye to your family for posting starts tomorrow. Happy writing.” The statement that started it all. Mayor Oswald decided on a new law. One where you have to write everyday.

Everyone in the crowd looks down at the ground frowning. They’re being pulled away from loved ones to go write for the Mayor’s own stupid needs. Draven sadly looks over at her best friend Lydia and pulls her to the back of the crowd.

“My mom said goodbye this morning. She couldn’t manage to come down without crying.” Draven says burying her face in her hands to hide her tears.

Lydia quickly puts her dark hair into a high ponytail, to keep it from getting in the way. She moves closer to Dray. “It’ll be alright, let’s just go before they leave without us. And I promise you, nothing bad will ever happen to you while we’re there.”

 Slowly everyone makes their way over to an open bus to find a ride to the end of their life.

***

What if you lived somewhere where you had to write everyday? If you skipped enough days punishment could lead to death. It would suck.

 Lydia and Draven, are best friends. Lydia’s the type of girl who doesn’t care what happens anymore, so why even try. What happens when she gets sick and tired of writing and wants to escape from it all?

 Draven’s the kind of girl who would do anything for friends, but never breaks the rules, in other words a goody two shoes. With a proper amount of sass these girls get along just fine, so what would she do with someone who’s like a sister wants to escape, to risk everything?

***

 In this page turn you’ll encounter just about everything, adventure, chaos, and may some romance. You’ll learn to love the characters and all their little quirks and issues, maybe grow to hate some. You will be in for a wild ride with no way to slow down as you’re thrown into this mess we call Writing Wars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Written By:

SchmittyKay

and

CreativeDragon