Chapter 13

A/N~ Hi! :D We finally uploaded on time. Are you ready for this crazy chapter?? Because I sure am. Haha. Read on and find out what's happening out in the woods. O.o Enjoy! - Kayla, and Rose

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slowly lifting himself up so he's set on his elbows, Zak looks over at a sleeping Lydia. "Nik, wake up." He says as quietly as he could and picks up a small stick. He attempts throws it at Nik's stomach, hitting his face instead.

Nik blinks his eyes, focusing on the expansive sky above them. He picks up the twig and tosses it off. "Really, a twig?" He turns over and looks at Zak, a tired smile on his face. "Let's not wake shrek." He nods toward Lydia.

"Is it just me or does she seem to be taking everything all too well?" Zak asks trying to hide his smile caused by Nik's comment. "I mean, shouldn't she be all freaking out?"

"Maybe she's in shock, it is her best friend an all. She is just being calm and collected and when we find Draven she'll break down like any normal girl, or so she should that is." Nik laughs and Lydia stirs slightly, turning to her other side.

"Should we wake her? Or do you just wanna look around and let her sleep?" Zak stands up brushing the dirt off his pants. "Because if we wake her we can just attack her with hugs." He laughs knowing how much Lydia hates getting hugs from guys.

"We can look around and let her sleep a bit longer, it's been stressful for lack of better words." Nik smiles and gets up grabbing some clothes and heading behind some trees to change his clothes.

Zak starts walking in the opposite direction from Nik, and looks around some trees. Glancing back at Lydia, he can't help but feel bad, it was his fault Draven wasn't with them at the moment.

"Where do we even start to look, and what do we look for?" Nik asks Zak as he looks around the trees and things.

Snapping out of his gaze, Zak looks back up at Nik. "Nothing too far incase Lydia wakes up, and I guess we'll know what we're looking for when we find it."

"So not helpful dude, I wasn't born an FBI agent you know." Nik laughs it off and scours the ground around them for any sign of Draven. "What do you think happened to her?"

"What I think happened, is far different from what I hoped happened. Honestly I think the mayor was an ass and hurt her like he always does." Zak frowns looking over at Nik. "But with all my heart I hope that he just asked her questions and she's fine, which is probably stupid to think that would be all that he'd do."

"There has never been and always does Zak, she's never gotten in trouble. Didn't the girls mention that in their grand plan?" Nik raises an eyebrow and keeps moving farther out into the greenery.

"They never fully said every detail in the plan, she thought it'd be better if I didn't know. I helped plan getting out, that was of course before everything changed." Zak says knowing how bad it sounds.

Nik sighs and looks around before sitting under one of the large trees. "So what should have happened?"

"We were supposed to wait... wait until the mayor got off our case. That way we could sneak out way early in morning, and not have to worry about them finding out until breakfast." Zak says sitting down beside Nik.

"That is possibly the stupidest thing I've heard, the whole point was for them not to find out." Nik says bluntly and faces Zak with a bored expression.

Rolling his eyes, Zak turns to look at Nik."What? Did you seriously think that we'd get away without them noticing at all? They would've found out sooner or later, why we opted for them to find out in the morning, that way they'd be busier than in the afternoon."