3.

" I hate to see women dress their sons like the man that walked up out of their life " Dinah listened in on a side conversation her coworkers were having while moving her barber chair side from side with her eyes closed " Them hoes be having they child out here with them big ass Diamond earrings in with the rope chain and Gucci loafers and only be two " she opened her eyes to look at them.

It's was late in the day and it was kind of slow since she usually have all her clients in the earlier part of the day.

She reached into her pants pocket and got her phone out.

She got up from the chair and walked over to her black box she had pushed behind her clippers and pulled her black book out.

Before she could open it to find some entertainment for the day she felt somebody standing near her, Dinah looked up to see a little body standing in front of her, the little boy couldn't have been no more then 7 " what Can I help you with " she sat the book back in its box and pushed it back.

She watched the little boy stand there and look around for a few seconds before he turned back to face her " you cut hair here right? " the little boy asked " Yeah we do " she chucked lightly " Well that's what you can help me with " he spoke in a almost annoyed tone.

Dinah looked at him for a split second before finally tuning the chair to face him, she motioned for him to sit down while she picked up the cutters tape off of her station and wrapped it around the little boys neck " You here by yourself " Dinah asked while gently combing his hair " Well I'm in here by myself my mommy is outside on an important phone call " he paused for a second to look around " She told me it was time that I proved I was a big boy so I decided to come in here and get my hair cut by myself "

Dinah looked over her barber tools picking up Her clippers to clean them even though she had already cleaned them before hand " What's your name " she slightly turned her around asked him " Jacen " the little boy mumbled.

Dinah turned back around to face her station " Since you a big boy Jacen do you know how you want your hair cut? " she asked while looking over the guards she had laid out " Yes I want a dark Caesar taper fade but make sure its low cause my mommy says I look to much like my sorry ass daddy when it's high " the little boy nonchalantly spoke causing Dinah to lightly laugh.

Dinah picked up the number two gaurd placing it onto her clippers " how old are you Jacen " she asked while tilting his head down so she could cut his hair down " I'm six will be 7 in two days " Dinah could tell he had a wide smile on his face by the way his ears moved higher up " And what you doing for your birthday if you don't mind me asking " she then tilted his head to the side slight pulling his little ear down " My mommy taking me and some of my friends to this place I love so much " he paused for a minute since the bell that was on top of the main entrance door rung indicating someone had walked in.

Dinah tilted his head to the other side repeating her actions from the previous side " I love that place so much it's on riberdale rode right up the street it's called hit bitch grill " Dinah paused for a second looking at the side of Jacen face " What's it called " she asked him again just to see if she heard what she think she heard " Hit bitch grill it's so good they have everything you should try it " Dinah placed the clippers back onto its previous spot " Man I think what you're meaning to say is hibachi grill " Dinah spoke trying to hold back her laughter.

Jacen sat there in silence for a few minutes before speaking up " So it's hibachi grill and not hit bitch grill " he asked with a voice full of curiosity " Yes its hibachi " Dinah continued on with cutting his head until she was done.

She stood back and looked at her work before picking up the hand held mirror and handing it to Jacen he looked at himself for few seconds before bringing the mirror down and looking straight ahead " Mommy " he spoke loudly causing a few people to look over in their direction " Come look at my hair cut " he spoke placing the mirror back up in front of his face.

Dinah stood there looking at him for a second until she looked over at the waiting area and seen a woman she had never seen before walking in her direction.

She was lost in thought as soon as the woman flashed her a polite smile.

She watched her until she got beside her and looked at the little boy in the chair " Mommy I told you I was big boy look at my hair " he removed the mirror from in front of his face flashing a wide award winning smile similar to the woman beside her.

Dinah looked over at the woman almost lost in a trance.

She was trying to figure out why she had never seen her around before, she looked at her for a few seconds more before the darker woman finally turned her head to face her.

She watched her mouth move but she couldn't make out what she was saying.

She was so lost in her, her ability to hear had completely shut down.

She took that time to scan her face since she had only noticed her smile and eyes at first. She looked at here for a little while longer before she shook her head knocking her out of her thoughts.

She reached over and undid the cutters tape cussing herself under her breath, she turned back around forcing a smile unto her face " I'm sorry what were you saying I have a bad habit of dazing off " she spoke causing the woman to flash another smile causing Dinahs heart to skip a beat " I said I'm sorry I'm in a rush how much do I owe you  " she reached into her purse " nothing you fine " Dinah gathered her words speaking " No take it she placed twenty dollars into her hand and taking her son by his " We'll see you in two weeks " the woman spoke out while walking to the door.

How you think you look

Vs what everybody else see