8.

I began to hum lowly ignoring whatever my best friend Shaye was talking about. All while still maintaining my pace on the treadmill " Mani I said was she cute! " she spoke louder this time causing the older set of people in front of us to look back " I didn't really look at her like that " I lied just for her to shut up.

I felt her dark brown eyes burn a hole into the side of my face causing me to slightly smile to myself " You ain't gotta lie Craig " she snapped " but I'm not lying. you know I'm straight right? " I turned the speed up causing me to increase my pace " well bitch you better bend a little, you got someone offering you a place to stay until your home is done. That ain't nothing but God " I looked over at her with a really expression upon my face.

I looked back ahead due to feeling a set of eyes on me and of course it was Dinah in the flesh but it wasn't her staring it was her company this time " that's her " I spoke loud enough for Shaye to hear me " that's her? " she asked in a puzzled tone " that's Dinah " she stated more so In a knowing manner then a asking one causing me to look over at her " You know her? " I asked causing her to laugh " Normani who doesn't know Dinah, I forgot you're new around here which means you're nothing but fresh meat to her " I raised my eye brow ready for an explanation " You see that's Dinah the biggest player in town " Shaye spoke while still running.

I just looked ahead allowing everything to settle in my head. Now things were starting to make sense to me, I'm nothing more then a challenge to her " she probably just wants you to move in for the month to see how long it'll take before you sleep with her. So let's beat her at her own game " I looked over at Shaye as she spoke giving her my full attention " We're going to call this task Operation Player Handbook " she spoke with a small smile.

I continued to run as I thought about everything she had said but those thoughts came to a stand still once I thought about the most important person to me " I have to ask Jacen how he feel about it first " I stated gaining a look from Shaye " Jacen is pretty cool he isn't going to care, plus he's a child he doesn't have a say nor opinion "

" That's where you're wrong he have a say plus a opinion. It's not just my life, I have to make sure he's accommodated too " I spoke causing her to shrug her shoulders " As I was saying everybody knows how Dinah is but you she knows that you don't, Now I give it to her she's good with words " she spoke again " But so was your bum ass baby daddy so I'm sure you'll see through all that. You're gonna be her karma That she deserves I'm sure. "

I looked back ahead at Dinah and her friend. Who at the moment looked like they were engaged in a serious conversation " She's going to try to sleep with you but you can't give in. Instead you have to tease make her submit to you causing her to go against every rule that's in that little handbook of hers "

" Handbook? " I repeated in a questioning tone " Yes everyone knows Dinah have a little black book filled with names and rules "

" And how do you know this? "

" Because my brothers are really close friends with her cousin. I over heard them one day talking about it. " she stated while looking over at me " So you're asking me to make her fall in love with me then break her heart? "

" well you make it seem so harsh. But yeah that's what I'm saying " she lowly chuckled " Trust me you aren't doing to her what she hasn't done to someone else " she stopped the treadmill " So are you down " she picked up her water bottle taking a sip while looking at me. I looked back up at Dinah as she worked out " sure why not? " I accepted the challenge not fully understanding what I had just got myself into.

———————————————————————————

" I said look but don't look damn "

" Well how the hell am I suppose to see if I don't look? " Jermaine asked before getting on the stair master that was beside me " you were suppose to act like you was stretching or something " I started my machine setting it to the lowest setting to get myself warmed out " I'm too grown to be doing all that extra shit DJ is she the one you was telling me about " I took a few steps before lowly cutting my eyes up to see her effortlessly running on the treadmill.

I bit onto my lip as I watched her upper body slightly bounce up down, I imagined her making that same face as she focused on bouncing up and down on me " is that her? " Jermaine semi yelled causing me to shake the image of her out of my head " yeah that's her " I spoke lowly " How in the hell are you going to manage? " he asked as he finally started up his machine " what you mean? " I increased the speed while looking over at him just for him to look at me with a knowing expression " Trust me she's nothing like that. " I looked at her once more before looking back down.

I walked up the stairs trying to ignore the growing pains in my legs " Let's make a bet " Jermaine spoke up gaining my attention " I bet you can't hit that " I looked at him for a few seconds before laughing " I hope you got a lot to lose " I stated before laughing again" I can talk a turtle out of it's shell are you really willing to lose all your coins betting against me not getting a piece of ass? " I asked puzzlingly before upping the speed " sure I'm willing. Plus I know for a fact you ain't getting that "

" how you know? "

" That's between me and the Lord " he laughed loudly before he placed his headphones into his ears. I watched him for a few seconds more before turning my attention back ahead of me.