Chapter 9 : Movies

Jake's POV

I was sitting in the shower, cradling this crying heap of a woman. I felt her pain radiating off her body. I was trying to calm her as she explained what was going on. This was my first glimpes into her life, and I was determined not to blow it. She was sitting there, collecting herself in my lap. I was holding her hands when my thumb got warm. I looked at my hand, and there was blook. I knew I wasn't bleeding, so it could only be one thing. I had intereupted her hurting herself. I tried to giver her a chance to explain. I knew that this was a delacate topic, and that she was already afraid. I didn't want to make things worse, but she can't be doing this to herself. It is not cute, and it is not healthy.

"Oh, Gwen..." My chest felt heavy as I said her name. I didn't know what to do. She was sitting here, broken. "Is this why you always where long sleeve shirts." She just stared at my chest. "You know this isn't okay..." I tried to keep my voice soft. "And you need to stop. I'm not trying to hurt you. But you don't deserve this."

How could someone so perfect not see their own amazing capabilities.

"I just don't understand why." I searched her eyes for an answer. We had grown close over the past few months, and I just wanted her to feel safe. Safe with me, and in general.

"Because I don't deserve this." Her voice came out barely loud enough to be considered a whisper. "I don't deserve to be handed an opprotunity. I've done nothing worth being admired for.I don't deserve your guys' love."

I was suddenly filled with rage. "What??" I searched her eyes for an answer. I wanted to hurt whoever made her think about herself this way. "Don't think like that. We wouldn't bring you here if you didn't deserve it. Here is what I'll do. Lets go put on a movie on the couch, and just calm down. Okay? We have a show tomorrow. You need the rest. I promise you, you deserve this."

I took her silence as a yes to the movie. I carried her out of the bathroom and set her on the couch. It folded out into a small resting area. I grabbed a blanket, put on Monty Python's Holy Grail, and sat with her. She fell asleep quickly. I'll admit, it didn't take me much longer. Once she fell asleep, I felt her comfort and passed out.