Chapter 21 : My World

A/N : Play the video. Listen while you read this. It makes a difference. I promise. 

Thank you. 

This is the last chapter of my first official shit storm. 

Jake's POV :

I couldn't read her emotions.

"Gwen..." I studied her face, trying to figure out what she was feeling. "What happened..."

Tears welled in her eyes. "I just.. I couldn't look at it." She sobbed.

I moved to her bed, pulling her into my chest. "Why didn't you tell me...." I sighed. I would have helped you...

"I.. I thought I was okay." She choked. "It didn't bother me until I was there. Until I was staring at it. And it was just staring back at me. It burned, Jake. I just wanted to scrape it off. But I pushed too hard... I didn't mean to go that deep..." She sobbed into my chest... "I'm so sorry..." Her cries became so loud and choppy, I thought she might pass out again.

"Sh.. No. You're here. You're alive, angel. It's going to be okay..." I was determined to get her through this. I had no idea how, but we would make it. We would make it through the nightmares. Through her fear. And through her healing. "And, honestly, I should be the one apologizing. I let you go that night. I let that stupid bitch get the upper hand. And she kissed me. And I let you run off..."

"I understand..." She clung to me. "CC explained everything that night... I was on my way back. It's not your fault." She began to calm down.

"How not??" I exclaimed, a little louder than I had wanted to.

"It's not your fault. I am the one who walked out. How can either of us get through this if we blame eachother." She searched my eyes for something. "The truth is, I love you. You are my rock. My Saviour. And I need you."

"I love you too..." I caressed her face, wiping a tear on it's journey down her jawline. "And, despite what you may think, I need you, too. You make me stronger. And I will be here through everything. My life has been so different and so much better with you in it. It's barely been a year but I think..." I took a deep breath. "No. I know. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You make me a better person. And I can't live without you. So, if you'll have me... " I paused, wanting my words to have emphasis. "Spend forever with me."

"Of course..." She whispered.

We sat there for a few seconds, just staring. It felt like eternity. I took in every detail of her face... I couldn't hold it in, anymore. I rested my forehead against hers, breathing in her sweet smell. I pressed my lips against her in what I do believe was the world's most passionate kiss.

If I could choose one moment to last forever, it would be that one.

I vowed to always protect her. To be her best friend. To always make her laugh, even when she forgets how to smile.

She is my world.