Steps to Learning

"Tuck your neck in. You look like a Bilshnif," Aphron sighed as he weaved around Kroyto, trying to make him into the best fighter he could be.

Kroyto tucked his neck into his shoulders and shuffled his paws although he could barely move. "Like this," he asked as he titled his head a bit.

"Yes but relax a bit. If you're attacked and you're relaxed then it won't hurt as much," Aphron informed as he lowered beside Kroyto and copied his crouch. He then relaxed and took a light step forward so it made no noise. "If you can learn how to keep your pawsteps soft and without a sound then you can use your invisibility."

Kroyto took a step forward. His pawsteps were far from quiet. He groaned and shook his pelt. "This is impossible!"

"It's only impossible if you let your mind think it is," Odin bellowed as he strode toward Aphron and Kroyto. The raven clung onto his arm and Kroyto growled a bit.

"Then why is it so hard," flashed Kroyto as he lashed his tail against the ground. "I'm trying so hard and I'm not getting any better."

Aphron lowered his head to lick Kroyto between the ears. Kroyto pushed him away and growled as his fur spiked. "You will," he assured gently with bright eyes. "I didn't think I'd ever be a good fighter especially with Morali to compete with but he pushed me. That's why I'm pushing you."

Kroyto understood but he wasn't going to admit to it. "Will I ever be able to fight like the others," he asked, meaning the Asgardians.

"Of course you will," cut in Odin as he pushed forward and lowered his head to stroke Aphron and then Kroyto.

"It will just take practice," pointed out Aphron as he butted his head affectionately against Kroyto's flank. Kroyto fell sideways and shook his head to clear it. He growled before he leaped for Aphron's flank.

Aphron rumbled in amusement and turned his head before he sunk his teeth into Kroyto's scruff. He shook him a bit and Kroyto pawed at his face but he couldn't make a connection. Kroyto suddenly turned invisible but Aphron still had a firm lock on him. He then dropped the little pup and Kroyto sighed.

"You'll get better, I promise," promised Aphron as he touched his nose to Kroyto's head. "You just need to be patient and try as hard as you can. Do that and I promise you you'll be a great fighter, just like your uncle."

"And you're father," echoed Odin as he looked at Aphron.

Aphron dipped his head in appreciation before he swept his tail over Kroyto's shoulder. "Let's take a break," he suggested. "Now let me show you how to hunt!"