Pickles

"Honey? What are you eating?" N asked his wife, who was sitting at their kitchen table.

"Pickles" Hilda stated simply, taking a bite of a pickle.

N raised an eyebrow, "You don't like pickles"

Hilda glared at him, "Who are you, the pickle police?" She hissed.

N held his hands up in surrender.

"Mommy!" Hilda's son chirped, running up to his mother, "What'cha eatin'?" He asked curiously.

"Pickles"

"Can I have one?"

"Sure hun" Hilda agreed, taking another pickle from the jar and handing it to her five year old.

The child happily took the food from his mother and ran into another room to eat it.

"So...What's with the pickles?" N asked, taking a seat next to Hilda and sliding the jar around the table.

"I don't know" Hilda admitted, glaring at the food, "I hate pickles"

N eyed her up and down, finding her behavior suspicious, but was unable to place it.

Hilda offered the pickle to N, "Take this away from me"

N took the pickle and began eating it, "Are you okay?" He asked.

Hilda narrowed her eyes at her husband, "Yes. Why?"

"Well I've found that you've been eating foods that you normally don't like and you've been complaining about your back hurting"

"So?"

"I don't know. Just weird" N said, finishing the food and getting up from the table. He grabbed the pickle jar and put it back in the fridge.

"Those are Illusion's you know"

"I know" Hilda sighed, rubbing her temples.

N grew a look of worry on his face, "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I think I..."

"You think you what?"

"I might be pregnant" Hilda said hesitantly.

A grin spread across N's face, "Really?" He asked, his eyes shining with excitement.

"Don't get your hopes up, it's just a thought!"

"Too late!"

Hilda giggled, "I'll have to go to the doctor and find out"

"Do it! Do it now!" N chirped, taking Hilda's hand and pulling her up out of her chair.

"Calm down" Hilda laughed.

"Never!" N said with enthusiasm, picking Hilda up and spinning her around.

Illusion suddenly burst in the room.

"Hey Dad what's for...What's goin' on?" The boy asked, confused by the excitement of his parents.

"Nothing!" His mother denied, "We're just...having pasta for dinner!"

"Yes!" Illusion cheered, excited about the dinner plans, "I love food!"

"Me too, Illusion"