10

C H A P T E R 10

Running my fingers through my hair I plopped back down on the sofa, landing my eyes back on the TV screen hanging up on the wall.

But my mind wanders somewhere else. The nerve Killian has to come to my house and try to get me to do his dirty work! This whole deal between my foster parents and the principal was bull shit! I do a useless prank only in return to become a maid to an asshole - who is also perv- and be under his command for the rest of the year?!

I only roll my eyes at the situation popping a chip into my mouth.

"Mind if I have one?" a voice said from behind me.

I screeched causing my bag of chips to fly in the air, spilling all over the floor. I turned around staring face to face to no other than him

My eyes glared darkly, I shook my head as my heart quicken. "How the hell did you manage to get into my home!" I screamed backing up away from him almost in fear. Now it was to the point where I was about to call the police. This teacher is beyond insane!

Killian held up his hand in surrender taking a step closer towards me. "Calm down. I'd gotten a key to your house from your parents," he explained, pulling out a spare key.

A relief washed over me, as I gritted my teeth. My foster parents gave him the key to the house! Ever heard of goddamn privacy!

I squat down on my knees, not making any contact with him as I began to pick up the mess he made.

My poor food.

Killian walked around the couch to sit down, "So I need you to do some yard work for me." he said, getting to the chase.

Putting multiple bits and pieces of chips back in the bag, I rolled my eyes, "I'm not your maid, go do it yourself." I told him in frustration.

I could feel his eyes following my every move, for a teacher who just hooked up with his student seem so calm around me. Or maybe he realizes it was a mistake and moved along. He was probably used to hooking up with his students, for a hot guy to work in an all-girls school how could you not resist it?

"See that's where you're wrong, I have orders from the principal and your parents that you will help me with anything I need to be done for the rest of the year." he said, I could basically see him smirking in triumph.

"Foster parents." I corrected him, loud enough to hear.

After I done cleaning up the mess, I got up from the floor and walked towards the kitchen. "Though what's your point?" I ask, throwing out the trash and dusting my hands after to walk back in the living area, "Just because you have orders from them doesn't mean I will do it." I was bluffing for sure, but he didn't need to know. 

I sat back down on the sofa beside Killian, keeping my eyes on the screen once again so I wouldn't have to look into his fiery eyes.

Killian heaves a sigh grabbing the remote and shut off the TV screen.

"Hey! Give me back that remote!" I yelled trying to grab it out of his hand. Killian held it high in the air so I couldn't dare reach it.

"No, you will get to watch TV when you finish your work." He command, as he hopped off the sofa, and placed the remote on the glass table, "So go grab your shoes and coat so we can head to my home for your punishment." he grinned, ruffling my blonde hair teasingly. I smacked his hand from my hair and glared at him causing him to chuckle.

Wow! Who would have thought that I got Killian Jones to laugh? I'd thought he'd hated my guts for the shit I already put him through.

Though sadly he wasn't going to leave till I did my task. So what the hell. Any girl would kill to be in my position. Being able to get back home with a hot teacher. For sure I wasn't going to deny it, he was handsome, it was just his ego that was a huge dick.

I grumbled getting up from the sofa. I lazily slipped on my converse, pocketed my phone and grabbed my coat as we both walked out of my house together.

Getting inside of his car, we immediately drove out of the driveway and off on the road. I kept my eyes on the window looking at the trees and houses pass by us. I could feel Killian eyes burning behind me, but I ignored it.

I wonder what his problem was.

The tension in the car thickens in the atmosphere as Killian stopped at a red light until he broke it by speaking.

"Why?" Killian said, almost in a whisper.

I turn to look at him with my eyebrow risen, "Why what?"

"Why choose to make bad decisions when you know you can do better?" his blue eyes sparkled with curiosity, making my heart quicken. Just the way he said my name and the look he was giving me.

I was taken back at his question, biting my lip in the process. One I haven't heard in awhile. It immediately gave me bad memories when I was much younger, the flashback hitting me like rocks. The time when I was getting bullied by kids just because I was an orphan. Losing my parents was the hardest thing to ever experience, and even though I was young I could remember the times being with them. I was lonely, always to myself when I was younger. I didn't have many friends throughout my years of growing up. Never really had a childhood if you put that way.

I hated it. I hated school. Teachers. Children. I hated everything about myself and my life. And I never wanted to go through it again. So I changed. It was the next best thing to do. Being my new self-has its perks but not so many, sometimes it was tiring. But I've put up with it too long that it has gotten easy.

Noticing a tear about to escape my eyes, I quickly wiped it away praying Killian didn't notice my weakness.

Damn him!

Instead of telling him the real reason I shrugged my shoulders, "That's just who I am." I answered, my voice almost cracking.

Killian looked at me, his eyes softening as he gripped the steering wheel. He nodded and kept driving towards his home.

I sigh in relief almost giving my vulnerability away to him. I can't afford to slip into my self-pity anymore. I had moved on from my past. But was I really?

||||

soooo sorry it took so long, school has been an ass. 

Comment! Vote! Follow! & Share!