13

C H A P T E R 1 3 

Finally reaching my house, I opened the door setting my coat on the coat rack and shut the door behind me.

"Emma!" Margaret's voice yelled.

"Yes?" I replied, getting ready to walk up the set of stairs. But before I got a chance to escape her presence, she came around the corner and caught me.

"Did you go over to Mr. Jones house today right?" she asked almost frowning.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes and it sucked."

Margaret ignored my comment, "There's dinner on the table for you." she almost whispered, looking up at me from the floor as I stood on the staircase.

I grunted jogging up the stairs before yelling out. "No thanks!" not waiting to hear her rant about me not eating. I wasn't hungry at the moment, more exhausted and would like to get some damn sleep.

Walking into my bedroom I slammed it shut and kicked off my shoes. I ran my fingers through my hair walking into my closet to fetch my night clothes. I removed my clothing from off my body, grabbing a long t-shirt the flowed down just above my knees and pulling it over my head.

I felt more comfortable justing wearing a long t-shirt to bed.

Jumping into my bed and letting the mattress sink beneath me I sighed, snuggling into my covers feeling the warmth of confronting. Soon I let my eyes drift into dreamily state.

***

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring in my room. Lazily I slapped the snooze button, snuggling closer into my covers.

"Emma get up!" David yelled from downstairs, "You have a visitor!"

I groan turning to look at my clock sitting on my nightstand. It was fucking eight in the morning on a Sunday! Who dares wakes me up early on a weekend.

I groggily got out of bed, immediately missing the warmth and headed downstairs rubbing my eyes.

"Who the fuck-" I stop in mid-sentence seeing who was at the front of the door, "Nope, not again." I spun my heel getting ready to go back up the steps to my bed when David stopped me.

"Young lady get back down here!" he demanded.

I mockingly mocked his words, "Young lady get back down here." I mouthed, before turning around again to head down the steps.

"Mr. Jones needs more help at his home, and we promised him if he needed any help with anything just call me so you could help him," Margaret stated.

"Yes, indeed so hurry, have business to take care of," Killian grunted out. His eyes trailing down at my exposing legs. I almost squirmed at his eyes raking my features.

I gave him a stern look, "Then why don't you call me back when you are done so I can finish being your slave."

My foster parents gasped at my behavior.

"That's no way to talk to your teacher or any adult in the matter Emma!" David glared at me.

"No worries Mr. and Mrs. Nolan, I'll be sure to put in extra work for her to do for her poor behavior." he smiled at them then gave me a sly grin.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Excuse me when you did become my father?"

"Emma!" Margaret shrieked.

I only rolled my eyes, spinning around and heading back upstairs. I had no time for this. I'll just do my chore then come back and sleep the rest of the day. Fuck it!