chapter 2 - the call

"l-lance, i-"
keith was interrupted by lance running out of the room. keith knew he messed up, bad. he went after him, noticing some moisture on the ground. his tears?
when he finally found lance, he was curled up in a ball sobbing and shaking.
"lance, i didn't mean to hurt you. i'm sorry. are you okay?"
"DO I FUCKING SEEM OKAY, MULLET?" lance screamed. even though there was his infamous nickname in there, keith knew it was serious. lance's wails echoed and attracted the attention of the others, who followed the faint sobbing to a side room.
"lance? what happened?" shiro was the first to butt in. when met with more cries, they asked keith. he explained it to them. when he was finished, lance looked up tearfully to meet the eyes of the three concerned paladins.
"lance, we are really sorry." lance, with his head down, started silently giggling. his shoulders were bobbing up and down to his quick and shallow breaths of laughter. they were sorry? that's pathetic. keith thought lance was having another fit, so he jolted lance's head up and expected to see him crying. instead, lance's eyes were crinkled, feigning joy. he didn't stop shaking with laughter. the four boys were caught off guard by this, and slowly lance stood up. voice hoarse, he whispered a goodbye, before running off.
"what did he say?" pidge asked.
"shit. shit." keith muttered, taking off after lance. he wouldn't..kill himself, would he?