25 | Chapter XXV - Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

———————————————
Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics

"And I'm scared, I'm scared for my life."
- Diplo
——————————————————

"Cece...you coming?" Hunter smiles at me as he runs after two small children with light brown hair. Shouting "rawr," as he grabs one of them and lifts them into his muscular arms, throwing the small girl up into the air with one quick action.

"I'm gonna EAT you....." Hunter speaks in a deep voice, sending the little girl whom I notice has soft blue eyes into a laughing fit. She giggles as Hunter tickles her violently, and just as soon the other child, a little boy comes over with a large, unhappy pout of her face as he sticks out her bottom lip at him.

But he has the same face as the other, they're twins...

"Daddy!" He shouts, crossing over her arms in a frustrated manner, he couldn't have been any older than six at the most. The other little girl who happened to own the exact same face, was put down into the grass as he knelt down beside him and smiled.

Daddy?

"Remember what we discussed earlier?" Hunter speaks softly, giving him a big hug. "Don't be jealous of your sister, I love you equally with my entire heart." He smiles, looking over at me with his big blue eyes.

"B-but what about mommy!" The other cried out, running out to me and throwing her arms around my waist.

I stiffened, mommy?

I looked down at the little girl with brown hair and found myself staring at her eyes. I knew these eyes, I had seen them before.

Just as I was starting to inspect them further, everything went a bright white before running to a dark, cold black.

One that I had been familiar with over the past few weeks.

The cold floor that belonged to my prison cell.

*****

"Cece?! Come on, wake up!" Jay's familiar voice shouted, as I was shook slightly from behind.

"Cecelia!" A warm sigh let out, hitting the back of my neck. What I wouldn't have given for a radiator, or a hot bath...or even hot food. Forget that, just food in general.

"Are you crazy! You could've died doing that!" He panicked, and ran his hands through what I guessed was his hair since the darkness that was around me seemed to get ten times thicker.

Wait, I could've died?

"W-w...what do you mean I could've died." I asked him, feeling like I already knew the answer to my question.

"Cece...everyone whom knows who you Really are, knows what you can do. Which also means the consequences of your powers."

"What consequences Jay?"

"You don't know?!" He sighed, " you use your own life force to heal others. It's what keeps you alive, and if you run out...there's nothing left in you that can keep on living."