Chapter 51: Jailhouse Rock

As 1989 passed before their eyes, being spent on breaking up and getting back together, the nineties welcomed the Crüe by sending them all on vacation. The four of them had decided together that they all needed some time off separately, just so that they could spend it growing up, and stop fooling around like little boys in a playground. 1991 was now the current year, and Nikki, Tommy, Vince and Mick had gotten back together, after an entire year of just relaxing and drinking fancy stuff out of coconuts. Well, at least that's what Vince did.

Nikki and Tommy hadn't really followed the rules: they spent their vacation together, traveling around the world and seeing everything that they had missed on the way while they were touring, since the only thing you get too see while touring is the back of the seat in front of you on the plane, and the inside of the tour bus. Tommy had spent a lot of time finding the fanciest suites in every hotel that they went to, making sure that he and Nikki would enjoy their world tour to the fullest.

Vince had been to Hawaii, and well, that didn't come as a surprise to anyone, as the only thing he would wear when he came back was Hawaiian shirts, shorts and flip-flops. He had spent the entire year lying on the beach getting tanned, flirting with cheap girls and eating everything in sight.

Mick, the only one who had stayed home during vacation time, had only one goal for the entire year that went: stay away from the rest of the Crüe. He only wanted some privacy, and the only way to do that, he figured, was by staying at the one place that Vince, Nikki and Tommy wouldn't come to during their vacations: home.

But one thing that they had all agreed on, which was the main goal of the entire vacation, was to stay sober. The four of them had all been addicts, alcoholics and so on, but they were all willing to put all that aside for the sake of the band. Before the recording of Dr. Feelgood they all agreed on getting clean and sober, but that was far from easy, and now that they had a chance without all the band stuff coming in the way, they would spend a vacation without any sort of that shit.

It was the hottest summer days of the year, and the Crüe had all agreed on meeting at Vince's for a late 4th of July party, as their first meeting since last year, when they all left for their vacations. Nikki grabbed Tommy's arm before they went in, pulling him back before he could reach the door. He turned around, looking worried. "What if they found other people?", Nikki said, slightly concerned that the only reason they were there was for Vince and Mick to dump them from the band, "People with greater talents, and we're only here to –" "Calm down, Nikki", Tommy interrupted, laughing, "Of course they haven't found new people!" Nikki laughed nervously. He hadn't really changed much last year; he was still the nervous wreck that couldn't go a day without blushing. "Right...", he said, "I knew that..." Tommy chuckled, and grabbed Nikki's hand. "Let's go inside", he said.

There were only two people in there as Tommy opened the door, and that was Vince and Mick, waiting for the party to start. As soon as Nikki laid his eyes on them, he ran up to them and practically threw himself at them for a hug. "Oh my god!", he exclaimed, "I didn't realize until now how much I missed you guys!" Vince laughed happily. "We've missed you too, Nikki", he smiled, "Right, Mick?" Mick did a fake laugh; Nikki's hugs always squeezed him. "Right...", he answered. "Come on, Tommy", Nikki said, still hugging the two others, "Group hug!" Mick was the only one who didn't like group hugs, or hugs for that matter. Then it knocked on the door, and Mick saw his way out. "I'll get it!", he yelled, running as fast as possible with the poor back of his to open the door. Outside stood Guns N' Roses: Axl in front of Slash and the others, Duff and Izzy behind and their new drummer, Matt Sorum in the back. "Who the hell is that?", Vince whispered to Tommy and Nikki. They just looked at him like he was stupid. "It's Guns N' Roses...", Tommy replied, something that was pretty obvious, "Duuuh..." Vince rolled his eyes. "No, that new guy", he whispered back, "The one with the blonde curls and the bandana". Tommy had to look; he looked pretty foolish when he leaned over to not look like he was "obviously looking". "Uuuh...", he hesitated, "It's probably just their new drummer, you know they ditched Steven Adler, right?" Vince just grunted. "He looks pretty lame to me", he said, getting an ugly glare back from Tommy. "You can't just judge people by their looks you know", he spat back. Vince just laughed. "Look who's talking!", he said, making Nikki laugh too. "Oh, ha-ha...", Tommy replied, "Really nice of you two to just –" "Let's get this party started!", Slash interrupted, running into the house. Then the music was turned on.