Chapter 58

"So, how did it go?", Nikki asked excitedly as he picked Vince up later that evening. "Did you make out?", Tommy added, "Was he good?" Vince just chuckled. "No, we didn't make out, but it went pretty well", he explained, "I'm going out with Axl tomorrow". Nikki hit the brakes instantly, and stopped the car to turn around and stare at Vince, who was sitting alone in the back seat. "What!?", he exclaimed. "Axl!? You're kidding!", Tommy joined in, staring at Vince too, "He got you arrested for God's sake!" Vince kind of shrunk down into his seat, looking at the two in front. "But he's hot!", he replied, as if it was all OK now just because Axl was good-looking. "Well, then it's totally fine", Tommy said ironically, rolling his eyes, "That's an excellent reason to forgive him". Vince rolled his eyes at Tommy's silly remark. "I'm going anyway", he said, "Axl just freaked out when the cops showed up, and besides, jail wasn't all that bad".

The next day, Vince woke up in a hotel next to Nikki and Tommy, who had supported him by staying in Vegas until his dates were over. Duff and him had agreed on meeting outside of Guns N' Roses' rehearsal spot ‪at three P.M.‬ that day. Vince was even more nervous now than last night, because he honestly believed that Axl was right for him. And if Axl didn't like him back, that would be the end of Vince's world. "You'll be fine", Nikki comforted, "You're supposed to hate him, so I'm sure he doesn't really have anything against you" "Even though he got you arrested on purpose", Tommy added. Vince just glared at the two laughing idiots in front of him. "He panicked", he simply said, as if that was an excuse to get a person arrested.

At three, Vince showed up outside of Guns N' Roses' rehearsal spot, just like they had planned. "Alright", Duff said, pushing the huge glass doors open as he went out to Vince, "He's inside, want me to go get him?" Vince hesitated, rubbing his arm, "Uh... I'm a little nervous...", he stuttered. Duff waited patiently for his friend to get ready. "OK, just find him; I wanna get it over with", Vince finally said, "Wait, does he even know about this date?" Duff shook his head. "Nope", he said, "But he'll soon find out about it". Vince sighed, thinking that Axl would probably think that he was pretty stupid. "Oh", he said. As Duff was inside looking for Axl, Vince walked in circles outside, telling himself that it was nothing to worry about, but it didn't help much. But then he spotted Axl and Duff coming towards the doors, and he heard their conversation as they came closer. "Why do you insist on taking me outside?", Axl asked Duff, walking against his will. "You'll see", Duff answered, leading him towards the doors. Vince tried to play it cool, since they could both see him standing there, probably knowing that he could hear them as well. But he couldn't help himself as he saw the hot-headed redhead through the glass. "Woah", he said to himself, hoping that nobody heard. "Oh!", Axl exclaimed as he came out, spotting Vince standing there, "I've got something to tell you". He looked up at Duff. "Alone", he added. Duff got the hint.

Axl and Vince wandered around in the streets of Las Vegas, and they talked about pretty much everything. Axl had apologized to Vince hundreds of times for getting him arrested; he really did just panic. Or so he claimed. Vince knew that he was right all along, and looked forward to rubbing it in Nikki and Tommy's faces once he got back to the hotel. "I really am sorry", Axl repeated for the five hundredth time that day. It was odd hearing a guy like Axl apologize, but there he was, hearing it once again. They were standing outside of the gas station where Tommy had passed out that time. "I know you are", Vince said, grabbing Axl's shoulders, "It's fine". He gazed into Axl's big blue eyes. "Really?", Axl asked. "Really", Vince replied, leaning a little closer, seeing his opportunity. He slowly pulled even closer, shutting his eyes. Vince's lips had barely touched Axl's when he made a surprised noise. "What the fuck!?", Axl exclaimed, pulling away. But he soon realized that he actually enjoyed it, and leaned back to Vince's soft lips. Vince was a really good kisser, and he held his arms around Axl's neck as he pulled himself tight against the redhead's body. They stood there for about five minutes, but it only felt like five seconds, because time flies when you have fun, right?