Chapter 76: Glitter

Yawning, a sleepy Nikki Sixx scuffed closer to his fiancé, Tommy Lee, as he put his arm around his waist. The few seconds that it took to remember which day it was was spent cuddling, but the moment it all came back to him, he started shaking Tommy until he would answer. "Huh?", Tommy replied tiredly, in the dark voice that he only had in the morning, "What's up?" Nikki climbed up on top of him, now sitting right above his boxers, staring into his deep, brown eyes. "Don't you remember which day it is today?", he asked excitedly. "Mhm...", Tommy mumbled, teasingly pretending not to care while shutting his eyes, "It's your birthday right?" Nikki climbed off of him again, only to push him out of bed. "No, babe! It's our wedding day!", he yelled happily, "Get up, get ready and get out! We're getting married!"

Catching Vince with his very own toothbrush wasn't funny every time. Mick was already on his way straight towards him, but halfway he realized: Nah, why bother? He was his boyfriend after all. Instead, he started the day by telling him good morning. Vince turned his head away from the TV to look at the lean figure standing by the door that went into the living room. "Morning", he replied with the smile Mick would never admit that he loved so much, "Are you ready to party like only Mötley can?" Mick scratched his head while taking his hat down from the hook on the wall. "Sorry, what?", he asked confusedly, putting his hat on, "Oh, I'm not really that into partying". Vince almost fell off the couch, choking on Mick's toothbrush. He coughed, pulling it out of his mouth. Close one. "'Not really that into partying'!?", he repeated, "Why not!?" Mick shrugged; he thought that this was something everybody in Mötley already knew, but apparently not. "I'm just not. I mean, I'll still be there, of course, since it's their wedding and all, but I just won't 'party', that's all", he explained. Vince was still in shock, but just put the toothbrush back in and continued switching through the channels.

As the five of them all met in Mick's yard later, Duff had just finished checking everything off the list, making sure everything were at the right places. They decided to calm all of their nerves before the wedding, and went to some nearby pizza place, for old times' sake. Sitting around the table, each of them with a menu in hand, Tommy got reminded of the first time he called Nikki "sweetie" in public, which caused their first fight as well. He looked over at Nikki, who seemed to be thinking the same thing, as he was having a hard time keeping the laughter in. It seemed like all of their fights had started, ended, or simply taken place in pizza restaurants; at least the most memorable of them. Maybe going to a pizza place wasn't that good of an idea after all. But hell, they were getting married; no way were they going to have a fight that day. Tommy turned to his beloved one. "What do you want, sweetie?", he asked, using the exact same line that he had used years earlier, when Nikki would freak just seconds later. But this time he only giggled. "I dunno, pizza I guess", he smiled. Tommy laughed too. None of the others seemed to understand what was going on; they just looked at each other and shrugged, thinking that it was just some inside joke the two were having. "We could share one", Tommy suggested, getting a nod and a smile back from Nikki. "Sure". No way, just no way there would be a fight that day; they were so happy.