Twenty; Female students are not Barbie dolls for you to play dress up

Katherine's POV:

As I walk through the double doors of the school building the all too familiar white walls greet me. I sigh as my legs drag me towards my freshly repainted locker, which still smells toxically of paint. All because Lincoln thought that the best way to get rid of the spray paint would be to over paint the locker several times. Talk about waste of paint, especially since the janitor managed to make the spray paint less visible until then.

Opening up my locker I gently place my textbooks for my afternoon periods into my locker and take out my textbook that I needed for first period, placing it into my bag. Closing my locker and zipping my bag up I immediately turn to face my group of friends walking towards me. Each of them weren't talking, which was weird because they almost always didn't have any silent moments spent together.

My eyes immediately notice how Emma looks. Her face was scrunched into a pissed off face and her attire is a pair of baggy sweat pants tied together with her infamous Sphinx Kith Williams hoodie. This definitely had to do with the school dress code I thought as Emma loudly groans at the sight of my attire, which surprisingly the teachers haven't called me out for today. Especially since I was wearing jeans that were ripped at the knees paired together with a button down, plain white shirt that was unbuttoned at the top revealing my collarbone.

"I was literally wearing a pair of leggings, leggings! And they have the audacity to tell me to change my attire! Shouldn't they be happy that for once in my school life my legs were covered completely! Argh this school annoys the hell out of me

"I was literally wearing a pair of leggings, leggings! And they have the audacity to tell me to change my attire! Shouldn't they be happy that for once in my school life my legs were covered completely! Argh this school annoys the hell out of me." Emma vocalises indignantly, causing me to jump from the spot that I was standing at.

A bunch of football players pass by us including none other than Lucas Worthing himself. Who Hunter upon observation notices that all of the football players have their pants down revealing their neon boxes. Argh, and us female students are dress coded because we're a distraction to our male, emphasis on male, counterparts. Wow, talk about double standards. Especially since the boys are wearing neon boxes, a colour that can blind your face upon observation.

I mean their boxes could be compared to the eclipse. Okay, I need to find out how to tame my imagination because this is getting out of hand. I watch as Emma kicks her foot into the locker beneath mine, causing the people surrounding us to turn and stare. Typical, I thought.

"The nerve of those boys, walking around like they own the school. With their pants hanging down their legs and in turn distracting us females from our sole purpose of going to school to get an education. They say us female students are a source of a distraction for our male counterparts but our school should really just be focussed on the males. I am beyond disgusted with how schools treat boys, 'oh, boys will be boys.' And when it comes to us female students we have to deal with the infamous sayings of, 'get your knickers out of a twist.' 'Oh, I guess it is somebody's time of a month again.' Us girls are treated like we are mere objects, this needs to change." Emma rants passionately and angrily.