Twenty Three; Alcohol, Arguments and A publishing deal

Hey Wattpad, I won't be updating this novel regularly because I am going to uni in a few days. So, sorry about that but whenever I can I'll make sure to update this novel. -Gina

Halloween 2017:

A cold splash of water hits me as I am accustomed with my surroundings. Realisation hits me as I realised I wasn't in my bed but someone else's. Thankfully the owner to the bed wasn't lying in the bed next to me. Groaning I wipe my face with my own hand and force myself to get out of this stranger's bed. In the period of time that I have ever been alive I have never imagined that I would be hungover, much less hungover in someone else's bed. It just wasn't in my agenda.

However, here I am drunk off my ass trying to navigate my way through this unfamiliar house to wherever the bathroom is. I sigh as I finally locate the bathroom, ignoring the fact that there is a visible male passed out in the bathtub with a very crude picture displayed on his face.

Looking at myself in the mirror I sigh. My hair was disheveled, I was wearing someone's blue checkered button down shirt, my eyes had bags under them and my breath smelled of alcohol. Turning the tap on I splash the cold water onto my face before staring at my face once more. The sounds of my phone annoyingly cause me to groan and also cause the guy in the bathtub to jolt awake.

"Hello?" I say, blinking my eyes rapidly to try and wake myself up fully.

"Katherine Langford, where are you right now? How dare you leave the house without consulting me and or your father. Do you know that we were both searching for you everywhere! All night! Where are you now?..." I hear my mother shout from the other end of the line, causing me to grab my head because of the pounding sounds thumping throughout my head.

"I'm fine mother, I just wanted to clear my head." I say slowly, knowing that the repercussions of my answer will threaten to throw my mother over the edge.

"CLEAR YOUR HEAD?! KATHERINE LANGFORD! COME HOME RIGHT NOW!" My mother shouts knocking me senselessly with her loud tone of voice.

"My head hurts, please stop shouting across the line. The boy next to me is trying to sleep..."

With my answer, my mother on the other line is silenced. She doesn't dare say anything else to me about coming home she just hangs up. Placing my phone back into my pocket I stare at myself in the mirror, a drunk and careless girl faced me. If only the alcohol would have lasted longer than a night, my heart needed to be numbed.

The bathroom door swings open and in enters Lincoln in all of his glory, with his phone in hand, face flushed and hair wet, that has nearly completely drenched his black tee. I laugh as he enters into the unfamiliar bathroom, of course it had to be him to save me or find me. It was getting a little too old.

"Katherine, are you okay?" Lincoln asks softly as his face comes closer to my face, noticing that I'm wearing somebody else's blue checkered button down. He doesn't question me about my attire, which right in this very moment I was so very thankful for.

"Ian is in hospital. He doesn't want to be friends anymore and who cares even? The world is a free one, so why can't I just do what I want, when I want?" I explain, clutching my forehead as it thumps painfully.

Wrapping me up in a tight hug, Lincoln rubs circles on my back soothing me in the process and helping me breathe easily. However, I couldn't help but think... what if this was Ian soothing me and taking care of me. What if everything was different? What if I never met Ian? Would my life be different if I never met him? I guess with humans there will always constantly be questions that will just hang unanswered up in the world, yearning for an answer. That and the fact that I was suffering from my first ever hangover.