Twenty Five; One has to be worse off, so everyone can be better off

Recap;

Something shady is happening to Lincoln's mother since she was clutching her head and worrying about the financial issues that Lincoln's father has left them in. Katherine has a heart to heart with her friend, Emma and they talk about Ian and why he is bothering her. Emma tells her to forget about him and move on. They continue with part 2 of their protest but unluckily end up in their principal's office, who threatens to pull the plug on their education facilities to this high school. Katherine retaliates and leaves, confirming that she is most definitely leaving this hell of a high school. She gets rung by the lady from the publishing company and is told to meet up with her at the all too familiar restaurant that Ian and her used to have a writing tradition at. 

Hey Wattpad, okay so I am now enrolled into university, so my tendency to have some time allocated for writing is nonexistent. I hope you understand this and enjoy this overdue update for this novel. Thanks, Gina. 

-----------

13 minutes later....

Ordering an Espresso coffee, I waited patiently for the arrival of the lady from the publishing company. It was strange to be in this restaurant once again, I mean it is the exact place where Ian and I constantly met up as a tradition that has dated 3 years back. There were some of the same employees who still worked here after 3 years and I couldn't help but be consumed by the familiarity of this place. It was as if this place wanted to haunt me in my pursuit of wanting to be a writer, it was slowly driving me insane. Or maybe I was already insane? Who could say?

However, before that could happen a lady came through the doors of the restaurant asking for my name. I waved her over and stood up to greet her and shake her hand. She seemed like an interesting and uniquely put together lady, from her attire that was a white button-down shirt, a plain pink blazer and a pair of ripped at the knees, jeans, ending with a pair of light pink high heels. Her hair was a vibrant light shade of blue and it was styled into the all too familiar space bun hairstyle. It reminded me so much of how Ariana would wear her hair like. I took notice that this lady had a nose piercing that actually quite suited her and a visible tattoo of a colourful swirly flower. I wonder what the tattoo meant to her, it made me want a tattoo. A tattoo of the Wattpad app wouldn't be too bad, okay let's be honest here my mother and father will surely disown me.

Relaxing in my seat, one of the employees came over to my booth and shakily placed my cup of Espresso down in front of me. Must be their off day I guess, I thought as the same employee shakily placed the other cup in front of the publishing lady. I greedily gulped down almost half of my Espresso before placing my cup back down onto the table. As soon as I did though, I catch the lady from the publishing company staring straight back at me. It felt awkward that I didn't know her name still but she knew mine, it kind of felt like I was on a blind date or something close to that.

I watch her as she taps her manicured fingernails that were painted with a light pink polish onto the table. The air around me started to consume me as the always inviting silence came and sat down with us. I really like silence, but this moment wasn't one in which I thought would be great to be met with silence. My heart was racing as I avoided eye contact with the lady in front of me that could potentially turn out to be my publishing agent. I would be lying if I told you that I was not even anxious for the ordeal of potentially publishing my precious novel, because quite frankly there was a wave of emotions that were relentlessly tackling me to this seat.

"Okay, first off my name is Sandra and the reason that I decided to actually reschedule once more for you and your precious novel is because your mother persuaded me to so. Otherwise I wouldn't even think of rescheduling another meeting for you. Anyway, Katherine let's move onto your novel, which has a lot of potential to be published. It's truly something beautiful, you have a talent for writing let me tell you that right now. Just the way you execute every chapter and the way you develop your characters is truly extraordinary, something that very few writers can even imagine succeeding at..."