Face Masks | Shiro x Reader

Thanks to @Raven_moon101 for requesting

You had been a part of team voltron for around two months now after being saved from a galra prison as you had been on a rescue mission for the Kerberos mission however the galra were already there and had captured you before you got within 50 kilometers of Kerberos. Having both been captured and toyed with by the galra, you and Shiro had formed a friendship and soon after, you had developed a small crush on him.

It was the evening after a particularly harrowing fight with one of Zarkon's fleets and everyone in the castle was in dire need of some pampering. Lance had the smart idea of everyone enjoying a face mask, he was so exited about it that nobody had the heart to say no. Allura had brought out various relaxing altean gizmos and was setting everyone up with them. After hooking a very unenthusiastic Keith up to a chair that looked like it just vibrated, she came to you, Shiro and Pidge.

"Coran is currently checking the other devices for faults so we'll have to make do as we wait." She motioned for you to sit down so you all placed yourselves on the floor which was surprisingly comfortable for a white, metaly-stone feeling surface. The four of you talked about your hobbies and various pastimes when Lance re-entered with packs of various peely things and face mud things.

"Everyone grab a pouch!" he called and threw them in the air. Shiro was about to get up when you leant against his shoulder

"Shiroooooo" you whined

"yeah?" Shiro smiled

"could you get me one too please?" you grinned. He sighed and got up making you almost fall. You looked up at him and pouted, He chuckled and strode over to the pouch pile where Lance was still situated.

Shiro crouched down and grabbed the first two packets. Lance caught you watching Shiro and smirked at you, making you blush furiously and turn your head away.

"I still don't get how he's this oblivious" Lance whispered after walking over to you and joining you on the floor.

"to what?" you asked

"The whole castle knows you like him," Lance shrugged "well, apart from him of corse"  Lance had been your first friend on the ship after the flirting had passed. This meant that he was the first to know about your feelings towards Shiro and had been helping you develop a good relationship with him.

"That isn't true, if Pidge knew she'd be screaming it all over the castle."  You crossed your arms defensively.

"you never know..." he smiled. "your boyfriend's coming back, I better go" Lance got up and left before you had the chance to hit him

"He's not my boyfriend!" You yelled as Lance snickered from beside Keith with their hands intertwined (shameless Klance).

"What was that about?" Shiro asked, dropping the packets on the floor in front of you.

"Lance keeps saying that your my boyfriend," you blushed "that would be strange right?"

"I wouldn't mind it" he mumbled

"you wha-"

"I said ' Let's get right to it '" He hurriedly picked up a packet. You put your hair up out of the way (If your hair isn't in he way of your face then ignore this)

"I'll put yours on for you if you do mine" you said motioning to the open pouch of lime green mud.

"sounds good" he said and ungracefully shuffled closer and balanced the packet against your crossed legs. He had to put one leg over yours to get close enough to be able to put the stuff on your face without it going everywhere.

you watched in amusement as he placed a finger into the packet and jolted at the consistency of it. He looked up at you and you both started laughing. Eventually, he got the mud onto his finger without either of you laughing. You flinched when the cold substance made contact with your skin but soon became used to it.

Shiro bit his lip in concentration as he spread the stuff around your face, careful to not get it in your eyes or mouth. You studied his face, the close proximity of the two of you made it so you could clearly see the tiny flecks inside of his grey irises and the slight vary of pink tones in the scar across his nose. He placed his other hand on your waist but continued to smear the thick substance over your skin.

"all done" he leant back and studied your face before chuckling

"what?" you asked, getting defensive

"you look like pastel Shrek" he finally said before collapsing. Unknown to you until now, Shiro found Shrek particularly hilarious and couldn't stop himself falling into a laughing fit whenever Shrek jokes were brought up.

"I need to make you into a pastel creature now, sit still" you giggled as you opened the other pack.

"what about this?" He asked and pointed to his hair floof

"why don't we just.." you looked around and found what must be Allura's pink hair band. You got up and pushed his hair back and tied it up. "there, now you look like a unicorn"

"what?" Confused, Shiro grabbed a nearby hand mirror. He played about with the white tuft of hair then put the mirror back down. "just smear my face in the stuff." he smiled.

You got a bit of mud, the lilac coloured cream-like stuff felt cold on your finger. You put it on the tip of Shiro's nose making him scrunch his nose up. As you gradually coated his face with the mud, Shiro took in your appearance, your beautiful (e/c) eyes flicking between his face and the packet, your soft, (s/t) skin around your eyes and underneath the green mud, your slightly open mouth with tempting lips...

Neither of you expected your lips to meet, the simple touch of each others lips sending an electrifying shock throughout your bodies, or your hands (still covered in iliac mud) to hold onto Shiro's neck, or Shiro's arms around your waist,  pulling you into him. Your lips fell into sync and the mud around your mouths mixed together. The kiss was filled with emotion, He ran his tounge along your bottom lip, you were about to grant him entrance when Shiro pulled back again and began to wipe his  tounge with his sleeve

"Sorry, I thought you were wanting to-" You began before you spotted the light green chunk on Shiro's tounge. You giggled as he wiped the green mud onto your arm.

"I was," He grinned sheepishly "Look, I really love you and it just happened, I'm sorry if-"

"Shh" you said before wrapping your arms around his torso "I've felt the same way for ages"

"WOOO, GET SOME (Y/N)" Lance yelled from across the room making both you and Shiro turn bright red underneath the cover of the masks

"Shut up Lance!" You turned to him and chucked your shoe at him. You turned back to Shiro and smiled. He smiled back and intertwined his hands with yours.

A/N

This is probably a huge pile of shit because I'm so tired right now and apparently I can't write Shiro very well. Anyway, please request things on the request page and I'll see you in the next chapter!

(1218 Words)