New Chapters | Pidge x reader

this is a bookstore au because I absolutely love this type of au and nobODY CAN STOP ME. I am basing this off of a town I went to recently because it was perfect for the story. I went through 3 pavement websites to try and find the description wanted but HA I probably got it wrong.

PIDGE IS OLDER IN THIS, OKAY? SHE IS 18 HERE. I'VE PROBABLY ALREADY SAID THIS BUT THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO OVERLOOKS THE STORY'S DESCRIPTION AND STARTS YELLING IN THE COMMENTS OF PIDGE THINGS.

It was a miserable day. The platinum clouds hung heavy over the dull town, fog disguising in the corners of streets, dampening the air. A handful of individuals roamed the street, footsteps echoing in the desolate town centre. The common palette of greys continued with the tumbling stone paving weaving through the blocks of stores. Opposite the town clock sat the bookstore, a cream exterior with golden lamp-like lights illuminating the windows.

She grasped the polished door handle, Pidge pushed the door open. A gush of warmth enveloped the teen as well as the unmistakable smell of freshly printed books and the jingle of the bell above the door. Her bronze hair poofed up from the humid weather, Curling around her face. Letting her amber eyes wander across the spruce bookshelves packed with neat rows of books to the small circular tables showcasing newer works to the wine-coloured carpet. Pushing her glasses up on her freckled nose; she weaved through the tables to get to her favourite section, unaware that she had drawn the attention of someone.

Your (e/c) irises were glued to the short girl, examining the mossy green plaid shirt she wore and her speedy walk to a corner of shelves.

You had recently got a job here and were still learning and spotting regular customers. You watched the small teen try to reach for the one of the higher shelves and noticing her difficulty, got up to help her.

"Do you need help with that?" You walked over, brushing a stray strand of (h/c) hair out of your face.

The small girl froze, she let her heels fall back to the ground after standing on her toes for so long and turned to look at you. She looked up to meet your gaze and put on an embarrassed grin. "Yes, please"

Feeling your breath getting snatched away, you nodded and walked over to the shelf. Grabbing the book she was evidently reaching for and bringing it down. This book happened to be one of your favourites. You handed it to her.

"Good choice" you smiled and headed back to the counter, followed by her.

She placed the book on the counter along with another book from that section. Scanning the books, you looked up at her. "Have you read any other of (author name)'s books?" you asked, desperate to start a conversation.

"Not yet," She shrugged, "my brother has been bugging me to read some of their stuff for a while though,"

You bagged the books and handed them to her "I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy them."

She glanced out the window then back to you. "hey, do you mind if I hang in here for a bit?"

"Not at all" you smiled, internally exploding

"Cool, I'm Pidge by the way" She leant on the counter with one arm

" (y/n)" you replied, "Do you come here often?"

She smirked "Why do you want to know?" she replied, making heat explode on your face. She must have noticed your embarrassment as she soon continued "Yeah, pretty much every Saturday"

You nodded, making a mental note. "Why's that?"

"Me and my friends meet up here, I always come early though" She smiled, "Does that mean I'll be seeing you more often?"

Damn, you were going to ask that. "Well my shift just happens to cover Saturday mornings-" You were interrupted by the door opening, sounding the bell once again. A tall boy with short brown hair entered with a larger boy with an orange bandanna. 

"Hey, Pidge! how are you always so early?" The bandanna boy asked,

"Yeah, don't you live the farthest from here?" blue boy continued. They seemed to both become aware of the conversation happening between the two of you.

"You know what, we're just gonna go to this corner now, aren't we, Lance?" Bandanna said dragging 'Lance' to the children's corner.

You and Pidge both looked back to each other and shared an awkward giggle.

"Hey, I don't know is this sounds weird or what but..." you grabbed a post-it note from the desk and jotted your number down "uh, Here's my number, I'd love to talk to you more" you handed it to her, rubbing the back of your leg with your foot.

A grin emerged on her face and she took the paper, "Thanks" she blushed

"Pidge, come on. We're gonna be late." A taller man called. you hadn't even noticed two more people enter. A Dad looking male with a tuft of white hair at the front of his head with a grumpy looking boy with a mullet looking hairstyle.

"I better go- uh- seeya" Pidge rushed and jogged over to her friends.

You watched the group as they left the store, Pidge showed the others the post-it with your number earning a high-five from hunk and Lance. You couldn't wait until next Saturday.

(A/N: THIS WAS HELLA SHIT, I'M SORRY. I JUST HAD AN IDEA AND ANY SKILL I MAY HAVE HAD KINDA LEFT ME AFTER TWO PARAGRAPHS. AAAH. IDK WHEN I'LL NEXT UPDATE BUT IT PROBABLY WON'T BE SOON BECAUSE I'M TERRILE. K BYE.)