Language of flowers | Lotor x Reader PART 1

(AN: Inspired by demisexualmerill's (tumblr) Flower shop au post.) 

It had been another slow Friday at work. Even though the space mall was teeming with people, only a few came into the small florists, even fewer actually bought something. You let out a soft sigh as you watched the clock creep toward closing time. Thinking of your warm bed you rested your head on the counter.

It mustn't have been five minutes before you were startled my the door slamming open and a tall person in an odd hat practically ran in. You swiftly sat up and got ready to serve the costumer when they took off the hat that had previously concealed any distinctive features about them. Your eyes widened as soft lavender skin and snow white hair came into view, deep blue eyes frantically looked in their pocket whilst their hands rummaged about, finally bringing out a wallet.

You looked at the strange person's face again and realised who you were  actually looking at. The actual Prince Lotor  stood before you with a messy wallet, people wanting to kill him at every corner, and an ugly hat.

"I won't bother you with the details but I need to passively aggressively say 'fuck you' in flower." He said handing you 20 Gac (Galra Authorised Currency. I did my research)  and placing his wallet back into his pocket

"Uhh, okay?" you got up and headed towards a wall of assorted flowers and began to pick out the correct flowers. While arranging the various flowers you attempted to make some conversation, "so, who are they for?"

"Well," his gaze darted around the room "I guess they're for a former friend? they kind of betrayed me" He scratched his arm.

"May I ask how?" you glanced at him before wrapping the bouquet in paper around the stalks.

"It's difficult to explain" He chuckled nervously turning towards a section of yellow flowers, picking out one.

"that's fine, this is only 15 Gac so-"

"I would like this too," He placed a single daffodil on the counter beside the bouquet composed of orange lilies, geraniums, yellow carnations, foxglove, and meadowsweet.

"alright that will leave you with 4.50 Gac change-"

"keep it, you did a wonderful job" He smiled as he picked up the bouquet in one hand and the daffodil in the other. "I understand that daffodils represent new beginnings, correct?"

"Yes they do" you shifted your weight from one leg onto the other. Smirking, he handed the daffodil to you

"it would be wonderful to see you again. I trust that I'd find you here?" He raised one eyebrow

"9 'til 7, Monday to Friday. 9 'til 3 on Saturday" you smiled.

He did a small nod and smiled back at you "I'll have to see you on Monday then, I have some flowers to deliver tomorrow." He walked to the door and put on his hat. "until then, take care."

"b-bye" you stuttered as he walked out of the door and past the window.

A/N

I don't know if this is good enough to continue so I'm going to post the first part and see who wants me to continue.

A response (from Koscheiis on tumblr) to the original post said that orange lilies are for hatred, geraniums are for stupidity, yellow carnations mean 'you have disappointed me', foxglove for insincerity, and meadowsweet for uselessness.